Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bushman Halo 360 LightHalo 360 LightLighting

Review of Bushman Halo 360 Light14219

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Bushman HALO 360 Light

Review

I first wanted to thank Dan for the We Get Around Network.

I recently entered one of the weekly sweepstakes and was lucky enough to win the Bushman HALO 360 Light.

Dan asked me to evaluate the light. I included several photos and this is just my personal thoughts and observations.
I will list what I found to be the pro’s and con’s of the light. Most likely in my short time using I probably did not list everything good or bad.

Pro’s

Small compact design
Sturdy solid built
Very good even light source
5 brightness settings

Accessories

A. Threaded stud that works great with the Ricoh Theta Z increase the distance between the light and the camera.
B. With the separation between the camera and the light you can use the assorted accessory cables that allow the light power also power the camera or phone. Especially needed with the Theta Z camera having limited battery life.

Con’s

I could not find anything on it to show how much power is left. So you would need always need to keep it on a charger when not being used.
As much as I like the sturdy design using it with the Theta Z, once you put it all together and put it on a mono pod with mini tripod base. It becomes extremely top heavy. It might be ok using it inside but if you were using outside a little wind would probably blow it over.

I used it in my house in the dining room that had minimal furniture. You will see the first photo had some stairway lights. I then turned all the lights off. I also placed it in the middle of the room and after see the out come I could see the light provided way more light on low medium high setting. I also included one with no lights. I used Ricoh Theta Z camera.

I also used on the Matterport Pro 2. I felt setting the light directly on the MP would cast to many shadows. I placed it on a mini tripod. Lighting great for MP Pro 2, but you would have to modify the camera to allow you to raise the light to reduce shadows around the base. Also need to secure it so camera rotation would not knock it off.

Over all I love the light and definitely thinks its worth it. Hopefully this will help others. If you have any questions please ask.

Ron

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

Thank you for reviewing the Bushman HALO 360 Light for the WGAN Community.

And, congrats again for winning the HALO 360 Light in the WGAN Text2Win Sweepstakes #7.

Hi All,

Do you have questions for @ron0987 ...?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Bushman HALO 360 Light : THE BEST Light For 360 VR Creation , Exclusive NEW Product Plan in 2021 | Video courtesy of Yuqing Guo YouTube Channel | 2 May 2021

Hi All,

From the Yuqing Guo YouTube Channel:

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Bushman HALO 360 Light : https://bit.ly/2Rm8ply​
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ MAGIC Cable : https://bit.ly/2RgoA4b​
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Bushman Monopods series : https://bit.ly/3aS6FYk​
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ KALAHARI V2 : https://bit.ly/2PItuGH​
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Bushman Panoramic Official Website : https://bushman-panoramic.com/​

00:00​ Intro to Bushman HALO 360 Light
00:35​ Unboxing and In-depth Review on the design
01:36​ How to make the most of Double 1/4 Spacers
02:08​ WHY the charging cable has vertical angle
02:53​ The Unique Design of HALO 360 Light
03:32​ You Are Sexy
03:39​ How to HALO 360 Light ( DIM + CCT )
04:38​ Use HALO 360 Light in DARK Living Room
06:02​ The Live Preview on THETA Z1 indicating the Power of HALO 360 Light
07:48​ The In Camera HDR Result from THETA Z1 in full auto mode
08:34​ In Combination with Dual Fisheye Plugin on THETA Z1
10:32​ In Combination with Bushman Popeye
10:57​ The Latest Updates on Bushman Panoramic in 2021
11:33​ Update of Monopod V2
12:00​ Bushman Monopod V3 is coming!!!
12:17​ HALO Bracket is coming!!!
12:44​ The MINI BUNDLE is coming!!!!
14:02​ The Wrap Up on HALO 360 Light and Bushman Updates

Source: Yuqing Guo YouTube Channel

--

Are you using the Bushman HALO 360 Light? What are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have got this one from a local hardware store
https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-30w-2100lm-rechargeable-led-work-light_p0095368 I had to do a dark theater-music business and I thought I may need it.

It is 3 times more light for 3 times less of cost.

However to be honest I barely used it on a job. Even with this power it does not illuminate much at 7 meter distance with a diffuser. I am not sure how 755 lm light can be helpful at all especially that with 2100 Lumens work light you send it all one direction while with hallo you have 755lm light going all the way around.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Halo360 "Thank you Dan" and found it works great. I like the way the Theta z1 mounts on it and with an additional patch cord that is supplied in the kit it keeps the camera running longer. Big plus and gives 360 degree lighting another plus. But I also found it works it highlights or supplements low light shooting for Matterport. Which would work great job site that has no power. Only down side is I have a cheaper monopod with not a great mini tripod, with the light and theta z1 it does make it a little shaky to be used with light wind, but with good tripod I think it would resolve that issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5