Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Cloud AccountHostingPro2ProblemsStarter Cloud Hosting

Long term14212

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a house for insurance purposes. The client, a retired corporate attorney, asked what happens to his tour if I get hit by a tour bus. I said well, it's active as long as Matterport keeps it active after my Amex stops auto paying. This got me thinking, it's a real issue. Ah ha!

I'll set him up with a free account so I'm out of the picture. That was easy to do except that a 1 scan free MP account can't have a Pro2 shot tour.

Well, he's rich, I'll bump him up to a $9.99/mo account. 5 models. BUT NO PRO2 ALLOWED! The cheapest plan my client can get is a $69/mo professional which seem a little expensive just to be able to have ONE model available. There's got to be a simple, low cost solution to this matter.

This cannot be the only occurrence of someone needing low volume, long term, self controlled storage. I have several clients with many rental tours posted and I'm starting to get not young if you get my meaning. I've got to worry about cholesterol, blood pressure, motility, dementia, arthritis, and now long term Matterport storage and the long term, post mortem responsibility to my clients.

Hopefully this is not a matter that will need to actively be addressed anytime soon, but you never know. you just never know. suggestions most welcome.
Post 1 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
It’s a big problem. I didn’t know about the restriction on Pro 2 scan transfers. That’s pretty evil.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I believe you cannot process a Por2 space on starter accounts but you can transfer such a space to them.

"Spaces can be transferred INTO a Free or Starter account from an account with a higher subscription (Professional, Professional Plus, etc). For example, a photographer with a Business subscription and a camera can capture the property and then upload to their account for processing. Later, the property owner can obtain a Free or Starter account to host the model over the long-term. Finally, the photographer would transfer the space from their Matterport account to the property owner's account. Transferring a space into a Free account will automatically set the space as private, since spaces in Free accounts cannot be publicly shared."

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000201087
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
thanks wingman
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

Yes. Thanks for sharing that.

@HarlanHambright

You may want to duplicate the space before transferring.

However, spaces cannot be transferred OUT of a Free or Starter account. This is to prevent abuse by users uploading to a Free account and transferring out to avoid processing fees.

If a Schematic Floor Plan or Matterpak Bundle was purchased for the space, those will need to be downloaded and sent to the new host separately before transferring. This is because Schematic Floor Plans and Matterpak Bundles are not available for purchase in Free and Starter plans.

Source: Matterport Support Page

I could imagine Matterport adding more upsells; client wants and can't order. And, can't transfer the space back to you.

Or, let's say client's space has a fire and you want to order a Matterport TruePlan file to import into Xactimate. The model will need to be in your space.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?