Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LargePricingSchools

How much to charge for 108,000 SQ FT Matterport? Doable in one model?14163

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member reached out to me.

How would you reply?

Dan

---

Hi Dan,

hope you and the family are keeping safe.

I need your help again, I was asked to budget a job of around 108,000 SQ FT divided by 6 floors.

It is a school and I don`t know how much to charge per square foot for such space.

Also as it is this big I am not sure I can do it in only 1 model below 1000 scans, I have seen bigger jobs with only one floor plan or dollhouse, but I am not sure if they ask Matterport to stitch them together or if that is even possible.

Your input and advice would be much appreciated.

All the best,

[redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Sounds like it will be more than 1000 scans. I’ve done four floors in one scan. Don’t think I tried six. I’m currently doing a 100000 sq school for as built drawings but it’s all one story and two story with 16 different buildings.
Post 2 IP   flag post
geemaps private msg quote post Address this user
hi @DanSmigrod
last week we did a big job of 96,875 square feet in one model it was 1077 scans,
22 hours of online render and we have it, it works well over the internet.

only if you use the iPad pro to handle the amount of the scans, I would try to go to 1300 scans.

another option is to delete scans on the way and keep just the necessary ones.

matterport won't help if you have over 1000 scans in any way.
they don't accept more than 2 models to be stitching.
the 2 models have to be at the most 1000 scans together otherwise, matterport refuses to do it.

Yossi
Post 3 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
I typically have discussion about what exactly they want to highlight with 3-D. Conference rooms? Offices?
3-D those spaces and 360 the rest of building. Having 3-D throughout the whole building that big gets redundant and shows the same thing. You can set up the virtual tour very well with 360 photos.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101604 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?