Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomInsta360 One XRicoh Theta Z1Versus

Asteroom - Insta360 One X vs Ricoh Theta Z114162

BLBeta private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all, I am wondering if anyone would post a few Asteroom 3D Tours shot with the Ricoh Theta Z1?

I have been using an Insta360 One X with Asteroom and Matterport for awhile now. It is "fine" for basic real estate 3D Tours in general but I was wondering how much better a Theta Z1 might be? I don't expect it to be like Matterport's PRO2 sharpness. I am just hoping the Theta Z1 have better sharpness for Asteroom or Matterport than a One X has.

My main concern is with the One X and the sharpness of rooms/items outside of 20 feet or so. I am curious if the Z1 would manage it better?

I will post some tours here so you can see. If the lighting is good the One X can do ok, but often it will become pixelated and/or very soft outside of that range.

Link until 3D Tour embed link is figured out

I would love to see the same location shot on both, but I can't do that just yet. I am not worried about the cost, it will eventually pay for itself. I just want a visible upgrade in the tour picture quality if I am going to invest in that camera.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

-Bradd

EDIT: Does the 3D Tour link for Asteroom not embed it? Doesn't seem like it worked. Obviously you can use the URL, but I thought it was going to link it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
Hi BLBeta,

Thanks for the post! Here's the link to our gallery. You can use the filter to see example tours shot on Z1. Some of them were shot by me...some of them were shot by our photographer users

https://www.asteroom.com/en/example

We recommend our photographers to use the Z1 : )
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBeta
EDIT: Does the 3D Tour link for Asteroom not embed it? Doesn't seem like it worked. Obviously you can use the URL, but I thought it was going to link it.

You did it correctly. Looks like a new style of Asteroom links. We'll get it fixed. Thanks for your patience. And, welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Eric, I suppose I should have checked the site first. I would still like to see more.

Thanks Dan, Happy to give you a problem to solve.
Post 4 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
You can take a look at our Real Estate tour gallery. All were taken with the Z1
https://www.trueview360s.com/custom-virtual-tour-gallery/

Only time I use a DSLR anymore is for Agency work.

The big decision is what will your clients like.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueview360s
You can take a look at our Real Estate tour gallery. All were taken with the Z1
https://www.trueview360s.com/custom-virtual-tour-gallery/

Only time I use a DSLR anymore is for Agency work.

The big decision is what will your clients like.

Yes, it is what the clients like. While we have used the One X for a couple years now, we always knew it wasn't the best quality. However it was much better cost/time wise in our market for 3D Tours. Agents here aren't going to pay what we would charge for our time using a Matterport Pro2. Once we got our hands on the One X we were able to offer a price for real estate listings that agents would pay.

We just had a client comment that she doesn't like how soft they are compared to our actual photos. Unfortunately our photos can bring that if the agent looks at both. We have been thinking of upgrading and just want to make sure it is worth the upgrade cost. Using mainly Asteroom these days I want to make sure we get the best performance at a reasonable cost.

We are about to start expanding and I want to have what we use in place before we bring on more people to train.

I will take a look at your tours shortly thank you very much.
Post 6 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBeta I believe the site hosting is fine.I love Asteroom and I love cloudPano. Both are fine companies.

I shoot for one realtor that has her son shoot 360's with the insta360 one and I many times will do a Zillow shoot and then edit those images and put it up on cloud pano. His insta360 photos have sold properties without the people visiting the property. Isn't that what is important?

I believe that mine are a bit better than the insta360 as I am using a Z1. Not that long ago I wouldn't except the quality of Matterport as I was one of those holy'er than now DSLR shooters.

I got the Z1 and blitzed through houses and made money with it. Would I love more sharpness? Would I love perfect sticking? I do love money and saving time.

Here is a compassion between a insta360 and Z1 on the same house.

Stills to see color and sharpness. I shot these.

https://audrahickshomes.com/listing/2219192/132-lyme-dr-clarksville

Her son who is a really good kid and quite a programmer. He actually created his own 360 program to showcase these. Insta360

https://app.wealtor.com/panos/O5P1XRlnkZey2

My images of the same home on a Z1.

https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/j37KWHuP8O

You be the judge. On mine normal Lightroom work. No deNoise or Gigapixel on these as I knew they were going to use the ones they took.

https://app.cloudpano.com/tours/j37KWHuP8O

Maybe this will help.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hey Chuck,

Thank you very much for the examples. It does highlight a huge difference in your example. His OneX photos are quite bad quality even without comparing them. Ours are only even close to like that when there is really low light. That home seems to have plenty of light.

Regardless, we will probably get just to see. We like the Pro2 quality, but it is just too slow to use on basic real estate photos. Now if we are charging a higher price for something that is permanent for a business or something, then that is fine.

Once we get one I will do some direct comparisons and post them to benefit others.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?