Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Brandon DoyleBusiness DevelopmentREALTORSalesWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV Live at 5: 7 Reasons Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours14128

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Get a WGAN-TV Live at 5 Show Reminder via Text

Brandon Doyle REALTOR® Brandon Doyle (@DoyleRealtor)

WGAN-TV Live at 5: 7 Reasons Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours

Hi All,

New to virtual tours for residential real estate?

Why do real estate agents buy virtual tours?

We think we know, but do we really know?!

1. win more listing presentations?
2. win bigger premium listings?
3. have a competitive advantage for listing presentations?
4. be on par with other REALTORS?
5. sell homes faster?
6. reduce days on market?
7. sell homes for more money?
8. love technology?
9. help real estate photographers retire in Hawaii?

Let's ask a real estate agent whom has created virtual tours and now outsources virtual tours.

WGAN-TV Live at 5: 7 Reasons Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 18 February 2021, my guest is REALTOR® Brandon Doyle. Brandon is Team Leader at Doyle Real Estate Team with RE/MAX Results in Maple, Grove, Minnesota.

Brandon is also a frequent contributor to Inman and an early adopter of virtual tours. (Brandon - @DoyleRealtor - was among the first to join We Get Around Network in August 2014.) Brandon is also Co-Author of Mindset, Methods & Metrics; Author of Real Estate Marketing Playbook and Success Rate Marketing (Book Descriptions)

Brandon is also on the Board of Directors of Minnesota Realtors®.

What questions should I ask Brandon about why real estate agents buy virtual tours?

Best,

Dan

About Brandon Doyle

Brandon Doyle is a real estate industry consultant, bestselling author, and a nationally recognized speaker.

He’s known for implementing cutting-edge technology like aerial photography, video, 3D tours and smart home technology into the day-to-day operations of real estate sales. He even conducted the world’s first virtual broker open using VR goggles.

In 2014, Doyle was nominated for the Inman Innovative Realtor of the Year and has been recognized as one of the most influential people in the industry according to Inman News. Success Rate Marketing: How Small Businesses Can Leverage KPIs and Stop Losing Money is his third book.

Brandon's Links: LinkedIn | Facebook | Doyle Real Estate Team | Success Rate Marketing | Inman | REALTOR Magazine | The Real Estate Tech Institute
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Do real estate agents:

1. want/need/buy virtual tours (when they know that it's a hot market and the house will sell fast?
2. care if statically homes sell faster with a virtual tour?
3. care if statically homes sell for more money with a virtual tour?

These are some of the questions that I will ask my guest: Brandon Doyle REALTOR® Brandon Doyle (@DoyleRealtor):

What statistics are you using to sell virtual tours that I should ask Brandon?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Among the questions I will ask Brandon Doyle REALTOR® Brandon Doyle (@DoyleRealtor):

How should real estate photographers - that offer virtual tours - reply to these real estate agent objections?

1. The house will sell anyway
2. It's a relationship business
3. It's too expensive
4. I already got the listing
5. I want potential buyers to see the house in person.
6. The virtual tour is too good
7. Days on market is way down. I don't need the virtual tour to sell the house.
8. Even if the virtual tour helps sell the house for more, my commission on the difference in price does not cover the expense of the virtual tour
9. Sellers are reducing our commission. I have less dollars for marketing
10. Virtual Tours don't work
11. The Virtual Tour will not get the home seller a higher price
12. We're getting offers sight-unseen: just photos
13. I tried a Virtual Tour on a listing. It doesn't make a difference.
14. Your competitors offer virtual tours for less
15. The house sold between the time I booked you and the time you were scheduled to do the virtual tour
16. Your Mother wears army boots. (anything silly)

Other objections that you are getting that I should ask Brandon how to handle?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
The main objections I get are 1,3,7,13 and that "houses are sold via physical inspection".
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sandhun

Thank you for letting me know.

I could imagine that #1 (above) is a big challenge for many ...

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Why do real estate agents buy - don't buy - 24/7 Open House Virtual Tours?

This WGAN-TV Live at 5 show - 5 pm EST today Thursday, 18 February 2021 - is for:

1. Matterport Service Providers that are not getting 100 percent conversion of leads to sales.
2. Matterport Service Providers that are successful (and wondering how to experience more success).
3. If you are thinking about getting started with Matterport with residential real estate.

My guest is: Brandon Doyle REALTOR® Brandon Doyle (@DoyleRealtor):

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Live at 5: 7 Reasons Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours with REALTOR® Brandon Doyle (@DoyleRealtor) Brandon is Team Leader at Doyle Real Estate Team with RE/MAX Results in Maple, Grove, Minnesota. | Thursday, 18 February 2021
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, there were some eye-opening insights in this interview!

Dan, I like it that you said "I'll play dumb and ask questions"! It turns out that tactic generates more thorough answers that go beyond "shop talk" lingo. Your questions drew out some very interesting insights.

The biggest one for me was the value for an agent in pitching to a potential seller. This is not intuitive because it takes into consideration a bigger picture than the direct cost/benefit of including a tour in the marketing plan (sell homes faster, reduce days on market, sell homes for more money, etc.)

Your initial post in this thread does list three reasons to include a tour (win more listing presentations, win bigger premium listings, have a competitive advantage for listing presentations). Those benefits are not as significant as they can be when an agent is considering the short-sighted question of how to maximize his return on marketing dollars. Your list of potential agent objections are all excuses that are based upon a short-sighted perspective by an agent. Yes, many listings are selling faster than normal, many for over asking price (on a market update for my area this week I heard houses in my county were at a 103% average of asking price for January). So including a full media package may not make a big difference in the sale of the property (Brandon made a good case that there is likely enough of a difference to cover the cost of the tour. If the agent is earning 3%, then an increase in the home sale by $10,000 could cover the $300 estimated cost (in my area) for a 3D tour).

The Big Picture, though, is being in a position to show a full marketing plan in a listing presentation in order to win every listing. Brandon made a good case, also, that home sellers initiated contact with him because they had seen his marketing efforts. The commission for one extra listing per year could cover a lot of those marketing costs.

This interview really got me thinking about investing for the long term. Brandon is living proof that his strategy of "everything for every listing" can pay big dividends.

Now, if you are a photographer and wondering how to use this information presented in this interview, your target market is the agents in your area. You've got to get in front of the ones who are looking to build their business and already have some success under their belt. If an agent is getting enough listings already and is eager to earn more, they will have a war chest for marketing. A lot of realtors sadly don't earn enough commissions to have a war chest. One group I would recommend considering is looking for established realtors who have built their business based upon "relationships". This is the way it's been taught and done for years. That group (usually in the 50 to 65 year-old range) may have realtors looking to leverage new technology but they are in a rut with their marketing tactics (I have met some! "Aw, I've been doing it this way for years and it works for me".) Yeah, but with a little bit of creative tweaking you could leverage your reputation and experience to win a lot more business!

This interview produced some real nuggets of insight to chew on!

Viva la Forum!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Dataventurer

Thank you for watching and your comments (above).

Since you are both a real estate photographer and real estate agent, sounds like you got takeaways that are helpful for both!

Yes. Easy for me to play dumb and ask questions

Brandon had a TON of insight.

Hopefully, this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show results in more real estate photographers helping their clients understand the power of everything for every listing.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
iGuide
Sales Team
Kitchener, Canada
andriystrebkov private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod , thanks for the great interview, I enjoyed watching it, it was very informative!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sandhun

Did we answer your questions?

@andriystrebkov

Thanks for watching!

Hi All,

List: 74 Reasons Why Real Estate Agents Buy Virtual Tours

Note: That's 10 times more reasons than how we promoted this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above)!

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?