Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GimbalsQuestion of the DaySmartphoneStabilizer

Question of the Day-Which smartphone video stabilizer/gimbal are you using?14116

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Saturday, 30 January 2021:

Which smartphone video stabilizer/gimbal are you using?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
DJI osmo 3
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Smooth 4. It has exquisite software and hardware integration with Filmic Pro. Remarkable control of focus, exposure, lens angles, all on the handle. Game changer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
DJI Osmos 3 with FilmicPro app because of the integration to be able to start and stop the video recording. That feature alone is worth it. Other functions can be controlled, too, from the gimbal but the start/stop functionality means it's not necessary to touch the phone screen, which often causes a jiggle. And a least a delay in filming that sometimes requires an edit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I am rocking the Zhiyun Crane M2 but, also have an Osmo Mobile 3

I have the smooth 4 as well but, with the wide-angle it sometimes was getting in the shot

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

DJI OM4-Handheld 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer

WGAN Text2Win Sweepstakes: Win DJI OM4-Handheld 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer in this week's WGAN Text2Win Promotion #10!

@tmroberts @Home3D @Dataventurer @lilnitsch

Hi All,

WGAN Text2Win DJI OM 4-Handheld 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer-Sweepstakes #10

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dataventurer
Yeah, I got opinions about gimbals!

The most important feature for me (and I would suggest for anyone shooting real estate) is the ability of the gimbal to support a wide-angle phone lens without showing the gimbal arm in the frame. I know for sure that two gimbals in this list have that feature: DJI Osmo 3 and the Hohem iSteady. The other two gimbals can also work to support a wide angle lens, but the handle would need to held like a flashlight horizontally instead of vertically. So you could shoot wide angle with a Zhiyun but you'd be somewhat limited to the angle you can hold the gimbal and not catch the gimbal arm in the frame. For me, that was a show-stopper.

I tried the iSteady first because it was less expensive than the DJI. It is smaller than the DJI, can be put easily in your jacket pocket. I decided to send it back mainly because the DJI supports the Android camera app FilmicPro so the gimbal buttons can start/stop the video filming. This becomes an important feature when shooting short clips in a house. Instead of needing to touch the phone screen to start/stop, and risk jiggling or jerking the phone on the gimbal, touching the button on the gimbal to start/stop filming avoids any shaking. The DJI 3 is the previous generation to the current DJI 4, so the DJI 3 is so close in price now to the iSteady, that the difference of $20 makes more sense to purchase the DJI. The DJI has a decent native camera app, too. It comes with a nice case and short tri-leg stand.

I found a very comprehensive review of four gimbals back in the summer. The DJI 3 and iSteady were among that group, so it's a useful source of more information if you are interested. There is also a follow-up second gimbal video on that channel looking at the native software for the gimbals. Link to the first review is here: clickable text

Video: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 vs Moza Mini S & Mini MX vs Zhiyun Smooth 4 and Q2 vs Hohem iSteady X Part1 | Video courtesy of Zdenka Darula YouTube Channel | 24 July 2020

During my search for my optimal gimbal, I came across a great source on YouTube for how to shoot cinegraphic gimbal moves. One just came out yesterday, there are several other very good ones on this guy's channel: clickable text

Video: How To Shoot Hollywood Camera Moves WITH A PHONE! | Cinematic Filmmaking Tips For Beginners | Video courtesy of Learn Online Video YouTube Channel | 13 February 2021

There has been some attention on this board in the past couple weeks on the Momenzo app (a WGAN-Live TV review from last Friday, Feb. 12). That particular app could easily be used without a gimbal because it's geared around short clips (up to 5 seconds in Beginner mode) that are simple scans of a room. In that case, you could simply stand still and move your hands holding the camera in an upward scan or swinging to the right or left and get a decent view of a room. A gimbal becomes useful when you are moving your feet because the gimbal can smooth out the shot. The gimbal enables capturing some more cinegraphic shots, especially when you attach the gimbal to a monopod stand that extends the potential movement in a shot. The second link I posted above has some good examples of those kinds of shots that go beyond a simple scan of a room.

Hi All,

Above post form this WGAN Forum discussion:

Video: Which gimbal is best for Momenzo real estate videos with your phone?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Getting smooth footage with a gimbal | Video courtesy of Nathan Cool Photo YouTube Channel | 30 March 2021

Video: How to Balance a Gimbal | Video courtesy of Nathan Cool Photo YouTube Channel | 19 March 2021

Video: Videography Movements for Real Estate | Video courtesy of Nathan Cool Photo YouTube Channel | 15 March 2021
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Hohem iSteady V2 | Smartest AI phone gimbal EVER | video courtesy of young360 YouTube Channel | 15 June 2021

---

Momenzo for Creating and Sharing Real Estate Videos in less than 15 Minutes | See 20+ Momenzo Real Estate Templates | Save 10 percent this WGAN affiliate link for 12 months of Momenzo and coupon code: WGAN10
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Best Smartphone Stabilizer *$30 ONLY* | Hohem iSteady Q | Video courtesy of Young360 YouTube Channel | 15 July 2021
Post 10 IP   flag post
101646 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?