Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanCOVID19Google Street ViewGSV

Google Street View (GSV) for business?14106

AerialWayz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding Google Street View: As well as offering the normal 360 home shoots, we are looking at offering the Google Street View option for businesses, so, considering the economy and the pandemic, is there still a profitable business for the Google Street View services or has it declined?

I received the Google Trusted badge a few months back with over 600K views so far but not sure if that helps anyway.

Thanks,
John.
Post 1 IP   flag post
iGuide
Sales Team
Kitchener, Canada
andriystrebkov private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Based on my observations, there's still a demand for it, and some industries are creating more of them than before.

I've noticed more photographers creating GSV for the grocery stores especially because of COVID.
It's still a useful tool and helps businesses boost their ranking on google search. So, it's worth going for!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@AerialWayz

I have 4 business's that have recently reached out to me I have 2 Scheduled and two reviewing bids
Post 3 IP   flag post
@andriystrebkov & @lilnitsch,

Thanks for your feedback. I think I will follow up on some leads now.
It's also good to see more and more platforms are offering the GSV linkup.
Thanks again, John.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Dunetop private msg quote post Address this user
Are you using Gothru web app as a hosting and publishing platform? Thoughts on it if so?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Sometime businesses want tours for reasons you would never expect. I have just come from a scanning job for a business(spa/massage). They want open branches in USA and they need a 3D tour to show designers in USA what interior they need.

The client did not even think about Google Inside View originally but when I mentioned that publishing their tour to Google Maps is included and he will get a lot of views and better user engagement rate he wants it too. I may as well offer them to display it on their website as a Matterport tour since it is just a hosting fee.

This is just in case you need to understand how to advertise it. There are so many uses for 3D tours so sometimes you won't get a client because you offer it under business promotion on Google Maps while they just looking for a service to scan it for their own ideas.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunetop
Are you using Gothru web app as a hosting and publishing platform? Thoughts on it if so?

You do not need any publishing tools if we are talking about Matterport. You can publish Matterport tours on Google Maps from your cloud account.
I do find handy to have Pano2Vr Pro as after publishing I can access any Matterport tour I publish and add/remove any or all panos and correct excessive connections that Matterport pushes to Google Maps.

It is also handy if you want all panos to form a Matterport tour downloaded from Maps in 32MP resolution.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi @Dunetop

Thanks for your message. I am starting a new GSV up in Orlando, FL this weekend, so I'm going to try and post it via Gothru to see how it turns out. I will follow up next week.
Thanks, John
@AerialWayz
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi @Wingman,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree regarding some clients not really knowing how GSV can really help their business profile if done correctly. I am on a project in Orlando this weekend, so hopefully it will be a good experience.
Thanks, John
@AerialWayz
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi @Wingman,

A quick question on your Matterport suggestion that you or someone may know the answer. If I did a GSV on my Matterport account for a client and at a later date I finish out the project and delete the Matterport file for that client, what happens to the GSV pictures, do they also delete from GSV?

Thanks, John
@AerialWayz
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Nothing will happen to it. Once published on Maps it will stay there forever and independently of what is going on with the Matterport 3D tour it has been created with. Unless it is specifically deleted from Maps either through a 3rd party tool or in the Matterport cloud.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Wingman,
Thanks for the info.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101421 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?