Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGearLargeNewbiesPro2TipsWarehouse

Must Have's for Every Job?14103

DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Newbie here!
I'm about to scan a 10K square foot warehouse, and one that is even bigger. I have one Pro2 camera, 1 iPadPro with 256G storage and 2 days. Interiors AND exteriors. I have not done any spaces this large before. Can you guys point me any recommendations, tips and must have items? I'm thinking about contingencies for recharge of devices, memory on iPad(Do I have enough?). Also, has anyone scanned in the rain!? Are there tiny umbrellas for the Pro2? Apologies for potentially redundant questions, but my search is not turning a whole lot up here. Thank you all in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: WGAN Curated Shopping App for Matterport Gear and 360 Related Gear

@DigitalTwin

WGAN Curated Shopping App for Matterport Gear and 360 Related Gear may help helpful for you quickly deciding which gear will be helpful for you (and mostly Amazon links to buy).

For your 10,000 SQ FT warehouse, you may find these WGAN Forum discussions helpful.

Large
Warehouse
Tips
How to
Training
Rain

Best,

Dan

P.S. Here are the results of a search for umbrella in the WGAN Forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SiteTour360
As long as it's not windy and rainy, you can put a piece of plastic over the camera so that rain drops will drain off...see video. For extended use in the rain an umbrella type of cover would be best.

Above is from the WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport residential scans and the rain

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dan,

Thanks much! Now I'm curious to see what rain appears as in a model! I will check out those additional links. I think I'm entering too many words in the search field REALLY love this resource, can't thank you enough.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@DigitalTwin

I use the WGAN search bar all the time!

I recommend:

1. Start with a Tags search
2. If too many results, try a search with one or two words that are in the title only.
3. Umbrella was a unique enough word to search Everything

And, thank you for your kind words.

By asking/answering questions, we all benefit.

After 6.5 years, the WGAN knowledge base is now 80,000 posts among 13,000 topics. Tiny umbrellas for a Pro2 camera is a great example of a relatively untouched topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalTwin Why would you risk damaging a camera for a photoshoot?

I have had times in my life when I had to shoot in the rain, snow, sleet and way below zero temps.Those were Sporting events, Races, Military Conflicts Disasters etc.

These days are much tamer for me. In fact it's snowing here right now and I am not going out to shoot.

My advice: Watch the weather. Reschedule if necessary, or shoot the interior and come back and shoot the outdoor shots.

If the client is not reasonable, I would just not shoot for them. I know easy for me to say. I am not walking in your shoes but trust me in the long run you will be glad you only work with people that value you.

Sending positive thoughts.

Not meaning to be harsh just share what I have learned the hard way.

Chuck

P.S. I carry external battery packs and can recharge everything on site or in my truck.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Chuck,

Much appreciated. I would not choose to take that risk if at all avoidable. I am new to this and look to you guys for exactly these tips. Current client has some very narrow restrictions on the space they want me to scan. It's for a film company doing some virtual scouts and they are completely restricted to one or two dates this week. I did ask for a rain contingency but they are, of course, in a rush.

Have fun in the snow! Where I am, we're expecting almost 2 feet!
Post 7 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
Why not just use a 360 camera such as the Ricoh Theta Z1? It would take you less than an hour to do the photo shoot. You'd also want to use a platform other than matterport. There are lots of them out there. Here is a 36,000 sf office I shot in about 90 minutes and put together in Pano2VR. https://www.trueview360s.com/virtualtours/jo/1601-e-valley-rd If you decide to go this route and need help in processing, let me know. There are lots of resources out there.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalTwin I know that you already have a Pro 2. I have to second what @trueview360s is saying. I shoot with a Ricoh Z1 and get good results. It might not be a bad idea to have one as a backup or supplemental camera. My best friend has a Pro 2 and a Z1. He has mastered the Dual Fisheye technique on the Rioch as well as the in camera HDR technique of the Z1 (I taught all he knows and I have been absolutely amazed at what he is getting. It was so sharp I said, "Matterport or Z" He said Z.

I suspect that the in camera HDR from the Z1 would also work for this project. I use that technique most of the time.

Keep after it. You will do well,

Chuck
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?