Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppMultiple FloorsProblemsScanning

Problem, Next floor Would not Align1407

Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday I was scanning a 3 story home. I was not able to scan the basement first. I did the main floor and 2nd floor and then when I tried to go downstairs, it absolutely would not align. After about 10 failed scans I finally created a brand new one all on it's own. Is there any way I can blend the 2? Has Matterport techs ever done that for anyone?

I have done main floors first and then went downstairs and it has worked before.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
You can ask Matterport Tech support to combine the two but in the past they have been reluctant to do so, hopefully they will. When you attempted to go to the lower level did you have overlapping scans leading down prior to creating the lower level. When I have attempted to do this, I have started with overlapping scans on the adjoining level then created the next level and it has always worked for me. I then turn off unneeded scans.

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I tried about 6 scans from the room at the top of the stairs and it would never align.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@judysmithre

If you still have access to the home and still want it as one model, go back to the house and:

1. find a place on the main level where the space has not changes (e.g. furniture has not moved)

2. and where the light was very similar to when you scanned this room

3. set the tripod on the lowest level and place the camera "under" a previous scan

4. continue this step for at least an hour by trying to move the camera just slightly

5. once successful - you will be - continue with the camera lower for the entire room (to create a lot of overlap).

6. Then, raise the tripod to the same height and scan again.

7. then continue scanning down the stairs

8. upload to Matterport

9. Hide the scans that you do not want people to walk (the low scans and the elevated scans that are in the same spot. (Hide: do not delete scans)

I successfully did this technique going from daylight lighting inside to outside night lighting (below). It was more than a year ago that I scanned this space. I recall that it might have taken me 30-60 minutes to succeed in re-connecting the dots.

By the way, please let us know how Matterport replies to your request for help ...

Best,

Dan

Post 4 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Are you SURE you had moved the capture app back to the first floor? I had that issue once. And sometimes I scan, create a new level and scan again w/o moving the camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?