Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppScansStrategyTips

Tip of the Day: Scan an area twice1405

RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
When the sun is intense which creates holes in the tour, what I sometimes do it scan a room twice. The first time is for the dollhouse view which I scan with the blinds or curtains closed.

But then I open the blinds and rescan so that the viewer can see out the window.

I then disable the blinds closed scans so they're not walkable but the data is still loaded in the dollhouse/floor plan view.

Matterport does a pretty good job at filling in the holes but sometimes the sun is too intense.

If you want to take it to another level, consider getting a large cloth and gaffer's tape to cover up a window with no blinds allowing you to scan it to capture the data. Then remove it from the windows and rescan again.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JuanL private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have a sample to see it looks?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
what I do is scan first with the blinds open to see where the holes might be and then come back and scan to with the blinds closed to fill in the holes. that way I'm not guessing and scanning more than I need too

and how often do you get 'intense' sun up in the NW @RenderingSpace?? couple times a year? jk jk
Post 4 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
@Showcas3D. Haha yeah I saw the sun once a few weeks ago. It was so intense that I was blinded by it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
If you scan the same area twice, how does the tour know which data to use (open vs closed window)? Do you do something on the iPad before the initial upload?

I often run into this issue with new construction that does not have any window treatments on them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
you disable the scans you don't want to use (closed blinds) and then they aren't available visible in the walk-thru but the data is still there in the dollhouse view
Post 7 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I do this on a regular basis and it works just fine! - keep in mind that the on the 3D model it sometimes has the curtains shut
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?