Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearHow ToIndustryNewbiesStrategy

What is your uniform for your business?14012

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm interested in knowing what some of you feel is the proper dress code when to go out and meet agents, and or when actually doing the photo shoots. Who wears dress slacks and a dress shirt, or who wears jeans and a polo with your company logo? What say you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR, if you are asking the question then my guess is, you dress appropriately, but I know you are looking for a cross section of answers. In my every day life, I am a total comfort person—cotton, jeans, t-shirts, denim shirts. So, in my work life, I try to “dress up” for comfort. I wear some sort of chino (cotton blend work pants). In the summer I wear short sleeved button down shirts or a sporty polo. I can’t do hours of work in dress shoes so I wear sporty, colorful tennis shoes. Cobalt blue.

I also have a nerdy fluorescent work vest I use for drone work (says “drone operator” on the back). I don’t want people wondering what I’m doing. Drones almost always raise suspicions in suburbia.

Bottom line. I keep a neat appearance. If I thought the gig called for it, I’d wear a dress shirt, but I haven’t so far.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Exactly... what Todd said so well. I will just add I do have Logos on my shirts and jackets.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@DouglasMeyers, great point. Time to do the logo thing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
For years I just dressed very comfortably. It evolved to black workout pants, nice black sneakers and black shirt - in order to minimize any sort of reflections in windows, flatscreen TVs, stainless appliances. It doesn't prevent them 100%, but the darker, the better.

It was my son, who's also become really good at MP scanning, that insisted "Dad, we need to look business" and he found LogoSportswear.com

He chose their "Silk Touch Polo Shirt", we uploaded the logo, and voila! We look sharp. Very comfortable shirts!

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@Home3D, great minds. I was perusing sites and settled on black. For a number of reasons, one of them being, my logo would show off best. Black is an industry thing. Theatre, media. So, it's definitely a professional look. Thanks for sharing resources. Looking good!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Atlanta Matterport Photographer Expects to Walk Nearly 1,000 Miles in 2015

@GETMYVR

I typically dress appropriate for the space. For example, when I scanned for a very upscale hotel, I dressed in a button-down shirt and nice slacks.

Here are the shoes I wear to scan (and walk). I can go all day in these shoes and it feels like I am walking on air:

Gear of the Week: These Walking Shoes!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?