Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GarageQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Do you always do Matterport Scans of the Garage?13943

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport 3D Tour - including garage - by We Get Around Atlanta

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 8 January 2021) is:

Do you always do Matterport Scans of the Garage?

I ask because - while including the garage always makes the Matterport 3D Dollhouse always look nice - I could imagine that some clients do not want to pay for the garage to be included.

Your thoughts?

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely! Unless, the homeowner or agent absolutely doesn't want it shot

This holds true of any of the 360 tours I shoot

Patios & decks are also really important to capture ~ many of my competitors do NOT capture these spaces
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Not often. If there is a feature, such as floor system or cabinetry or other organizers that remain with the house, and if it's in good shape (and vehicles removed), then yes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yep... most every time for the floor Plan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, AND, it depends on the client. It's easier to take and delete scan later than to go back and capture. I tell clients that Matterport is about seeing the space connected together. What is the flow from the garage to the house? Do I take photos of the garage? Only if the client wants them--or it's some specialty garage.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
If they are ordering floor plans and it's contiguous with the home itself, yes. Or if it's a particularly well-equipped garage. I let my clients who are concerned about people virtually walking around what are usually fairly messy or filled up garage spaces, that they can turn off the scan points afterwards in order to prevent virtual access but still show the dimensions in the floor plans. I try to get a definitive answer as to whether or not they do want floor plans (and that consequent need to scan the attached garage) because very often the garage access is off a main hall or the kitchen and visually isn't so appealing to be looking into from the main house.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?