Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK260Tall TripodTripod

Tall Tripod for BLK36013909

AnjumDesign private msg quote post Address this user
Looking for recommendation for taller or elevated tripod for BLK360.
It should be about 3m or higher
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
There are several telescoping tripods that can be used. The question is will you use it regularly, if not I would looking at renting a telescoping scanner tripod thru a survey supplier. If your looking at buying then there is a large range of telescoping tripods from $100 to thousands. I cannot find the one previously recommended. It was a crank tripod that would raise a Faro scanner 10-15 feet in the air and was very sturdy. Definitely would meet your requirements. I will continue to check.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one I have seen used

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AnjumDesign @ron0987

Here is a related WGAN Forum discussion:

Taller tripod for Leica BLK360?

@AnjumDesign

Does the above help?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@AnjumDesign

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Tall Tripod

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
AnjumDesign private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
Here is one I have seen used

Thanks Ron. Just looked into Nedo website and found 5m elevated tripod ref: 210710.
I might go for it. Has anybody used that tripod?

Anjum
ro
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Look at this one 6 meters high at RMB9999.00

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP - Incredible to see, but I would be TERRIFIED to have a $15,000+ BLK on top of that Kingjoy 6 meter tripod!!

My son and I scanned a 50,000 sf laundry facility. The client was especially focused on capturing the wooden roof of the old building which was 35' high and virtually hidden above a web of rails, tracks and beams between the elevations of 8-15' off the floor.

So we scanned the entire monster using the Pro camera at normal person height. Then we added BLK scans 15' in the air wherever we could to capture the high wooden ceiling. Since all these scans appear in the model as circles down at floor level, I then labeled all the BLK positions with Mattertags. Move to one of them and you're catapulted up into the rafters. (A few BLK scans are below the rafters, but most are high up there.)

We rented a "high roller" which is a very sturdy piece of motion picture equipment for heavy lights. You can see it in this photo.

We took an 18" riser and jerry-rigged to mount the BLK. We knew we had to move it around down at floor level, then lift the BLK through the network of rails and tracks, scan, then lower it and move again. Having a sturdy rig with wheels was a must and it worked out great.

Here's the final model in case you want to hit the nodes and jump into the rafters.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Your showcase is a great example of BLK360 + Pro2 work.
And it is a brilliant photo that you show the equipments with your MSP family.

I thought with the 6 meter high tripod maybe we can use Pro2 not BLK360 for the roof.
But the RMB9999.00 tripod is too expensive, we don't have chance to test is it possible or not.
BTW BLK360 is too expensive for us to have it also.

One question about the three wheels base that you used under the tripod of your Pro2.
How to lock and unlock the three wheels during the capture?
We want to use the same wheel but worry about the time cost of lock/unlock the wheel.
If don't lock the wheel, will it stable enough when Pro2 rotate?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101432 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?