Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360HDRPhotomatixSunriseSunset

An optimum time (after sunrise) to do 360s and NOT get nuclear windows?13905

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A WGAN Forum Member writes:

---
hello Dan

just wonder if you know of an optimum time (after sunrise) to do 360s and NOT get nuclear windows?

i done a few test houses with the [Ricoh Theta Z1], 9 brackets each thru photomatix, but they still look like nuclear test were being conducted outside

thanks & happy new year!

[name redacted]

---

Is the answer when the sun is at its zenith (highest point)?

Or, shoot on the inside of the house when the sun is on the opposite side of the house?

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
It depends. The orientation of the view and what comprises it makes the most difference. Beach or thick shrubbery? Plus you need to learn some photoshop tricks to deal with the windows. I thought we’d signed a nuclear test ban treaty.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
There’s no standard answer. What you absolutely don’t want is direct sun.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Do you need it for Atlanta? Please refer to the following page

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/atlanta-ga

If you want to do it in the morning you'll need to look at the column "Twilight Start" and "Sunrise" and for the evening look at "Sunset" and "Twilight End". The time between each pair is when it is going to work for sure. It is about 27 minutes in each.

Tested when I did the superyacht and worked like a charm.
I would suggest to do it before sunset. If you do it after sunrise it is going to get darker and you will have to stop for sure. If you do it in the morning you may still be able to get extra time in addition to the morning twilight time.
I did it right after Sunset, kept scanning after Twilight End time. I had to re-do almost all scans done after the end of Twilight.

if it is not for Atlanta, just search your location there and it will give you all details for a specific location.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
"I would suggest to do it before sunset" actually I wanted to say to do it after Sunset of course mening that doing it at the evening may give extra time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to "get windows" anytime the sun is blasting directly thru is basically a non-starter, even with flash.

You can get some decent windows with ambient exposures at other times by using some smart editing tricks (and shooting tricks). Personally- I would ditch Photomatix and use LR/Enfuse.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
If it is the time I have specified above there will be no Sun blasting. The Sun will be still/already below horizon. If it is just for internal scans and in order to eliminate overexposed windows it will be much more than 27 minutes gap. Unless a property located in a flat area or on a hill with no trees around.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?