Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportMLSZillowZillow 3D Home

Virtual Tour Link on Zillow links to Matterport Tour13865

WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I just noticed that there is a VIrtual Tour Link at the Top Left of the first photo and a Virtual Tour tab in the main body of the listing (see orange arrows.) Both of these links link to the Matterport Tour of the property.

Is this new or has Zillow been doing this for a while?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble recent. It's not across all of zillow though
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the reply @glenntremain.

I hope it stays. It will help with the argument about Zillow 3D home tours being better for Zillow. A Matterport Virtual Tour will now also stand out and give our customers more bang for their buck. Not to mention more value for our product.

I must say I am surprised to see it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
It's been around all year in the Chicago market.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@frstbubble

The virtual tour tab on Zillow is market dependent not all markets have this. Third party virtual tour links in most markets get buried under additional features
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a fan.

"We have started accepting Matterport tours that are input into the 3D Home option directly from the MLS feed. Please note that this option is only available for listings we receive from the MLS. If you would like your Matterport tour to appear on a listing, please ask the agent to input the link into the MLS feed for that listing." - Zillow Customer Care Advocate

This takes traffic away from my virtual tour link given to the agent that would normally bring traffic to my website. It's bad enough shady agents sift the MLS for homes with virtual tour links. Then look for Matterport tour links. Copy those unbranded links and pitch them as virtual showings.

Agents have to upload the Matterport link directly. You like using Mpembed ??? Too Bad, it won't feed to the Zillow 3D. Your agent wants a video, Matterport and slideshow on their tours ??? Too Bad - it won't work.

Sloppy idea.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV

"It's bad enough shady agents sift the MLS for homes with virtual tour links. Then look for Matterport tour links. Copy those unbranded links and pitch them as virtual showings"

"Shady"? those are agents doing matterports' job in promoting the technology past the 3rd grade level it is today. Since 2015 I have asked MP for an IDX style search function so agents can have a lead capture of "get list of all digital twin openhouses available for sale and save time, frustration, traffic and baby sitters and view them all from home or office...yadda yadda yadda"

Expect zillow (then the innovation copier realtor.com) to offer just this thin Q3 of this year and watch everyone get their panties in a bunch over it. It's on the books to be done by another major RE broker as well
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Whether Matterport, Asteroom, or other 3D home tour this feature is really hit and miss on Zillow. And seems to change on an hourly basis ~ It does first require that the agent or person entering the listing place the tour link in the primary virtual tour position in their MLS ~ This will kill the ability for additional photos via a Virtual Tour link or the option of having a video link.

Some MLS's have a pretty limited number of photos an agent can display

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@frstbubble

I shoot both Matterport & Zillow 3D home tours as the Zillow 3D home tour also give the listing a boost
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain - Having a listing feed site pull listings from the IDX and having landing pages with results with the "Listing Courtesy of" lingo has been accepted the past decade by the NAR. Works completely fine to have landing pages for results such as "pool home" or "55+". I don't see an issue with "Matterport" or "3D tours".

"Shady agents" blatantly advertise a home for sale without an exclusive right to advertise the home with no approval from the listing agent. This is a direct violation of Article 12 of the Realtor Code of Ethics.

Many state laws support this standard as well. My state law reads:
"(d) A licensee shall not publish or cause to be published any advertisement or place any sign that makes any reference to the availability of a specific property which is exclusively listed for sale by another broker unless the licensee obtains the prior written consent of the broker with whom the property is listed. Such consent must not be given or withheld by the listing broker without the knowledge of the owner of the property.

Using our copyrighted photos to advertise a home for sale that we licensed to the listing agent to use violates copyright law.

Many of these agents claim they pulled the photos off of Zillow, MLS listing or in this case a Matterport tour off of their IDX link thinking it's ok because they pull photos/tour off of Instagram and share them all the time. One is for financial gain using deceptive practices while the other is not used for financial gain.

So when I reference "Shady agents". This is the example of shady I refer to. Zillow is slowly going there showing a row of houses for sale in a Facebook ad. My photos are on in the carousel. I didn't authorize Zillow to use my photos for Facebook ads. My agent didn't authorize Zillow to use my photo for Facebook ads. I allowed my agent to advertise the listing using the MLS which feeds to an IDX and everything goes to hell from there.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@VTLV too busy to correct all of this because
Post 11 IP   flag post
101721 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?