Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppiPhone

iPhone shot Matterport tour13859

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
First non-experimental iPhone-shot tour this evening. It's slower than pro2, you are more hands on, the alignment is not as robust as pro2 and ipad, the image quality, though passable, doesn't quite match pro2. The main advantage for me is I can shoot a job with nothing but my little stand and a small object in my pocket. Moore's Law is great.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=ThRZzTKu5Pw
Post 1 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright I cannot see alignment problems as I saw before in iphone shot Matterport tours.
Cangratulations!

When you wrote "my little stand" are you referring to a standard tripod?
Post 2 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
I think this type of errors can also appear using Matterport cameras because there is no option to move the column so you must shoot next to it and decide if you want to hide it later or not

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

I could imagine that in 2021 Matterport will pair the Matterport Capture app with a $100 to $200 rotator like GeoCV, Asteroom, InsideMaps, Nodalview (and more).

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gil06 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, which iPhone did you use ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
12 pro
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
The pilot version of the app 4.1 now tells how much you are off a rotational axis with IOS devices capturing. It does it when you finish a row of pictures. If offset is big it will offer to keep it or redo.

I not sure it is practical with iPads but you can put it on top of a matterport camera and use the matterport camera as a base to keep your ipad rotating around a single point. I could achieve a 2cm error only that way while if you do it holding you ipad in your hands you will be off by 20cm and more. Not practical because you kind of need to unpack and setup you matterport camera just to assist with capturing with IOS.
It is better throw than using a pole a rotating around it as if your hands are steady holding the Ipad on top of the Pro2 you are most likely to produce a minimum or no stitching errors.

If you are capturing with an iphone there are plenty of manual or even programmed automatic & small rotators that can do Matterport capturing with an Iphone with a minimum or no stitching errors.
You can even use a nodal indexer and some iphone holder to make your own rotator. Just remember that rotation should happen through a middle of the lens on iphone/ipad that is used to capture pictures for stitches to 360.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101602 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?