Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingReal Estate AgentsRentalRental PropertiesVersus

different charge for real estate vs rentals?13855

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a common practice to charge more for tours, drone, images, etc. for rental properties versus doing the same work for real estate agents with a house to sell?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t view them all that differently though rentals will have a longer shelf life therefore hosting for the duration of the tour(s) should be taken into consideration ~ the only rentals I am currently shooting are for one of my developer clients and they get shot to his own Matterport account so, I just bill for my time & travel if necessary
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
YES YES and YES. Rental are businesses, and therefore, should be paying licensing fees for photos.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should check out this video/course :

LEARN HOW TO LICENSE YOUR PHOTOS :
https://course.licenseyourphotos.com

We, as professional photographers, should start acting like professional and stop that race to the bottom to charge the least possible. It only hurts everyone.

I took this course (after watching a few podcasts with Adam) and I've already managed to license photos that were basically in my trash folders (synonym for my archive folders). That takes a little time to setup and search the right contact info, but this is like "free money" sitting on your hard drive. Ok, now I'm starting to sound like a sales pitch or a bad Youtube ad... but licensing photos is the base of almost every single company's marketing plan.
(Dan, let me know if I should start another thread with this, just to get people's opinion and stories on that).

And once again, YES, charge more for rentals, and take LESS photos, but BETTER photos that tell a story instead of just showing a space! They will use the photos for years to come, and will make a lot of money thanks to YOU.

Cheers,
Matt
Post 3 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Jan,

I'm not quite sure I understand this tax "problem"... of course when you earn money, you're going to pay taxes on it. Licensing photos is earning money (almost) passively with photos you were already paid to shoot. You can look at it another way if you want : instead of being paid X amount for the original shoot, you indirectly charged X+++ for that shoot (and yes, a bit extra taxes on those +++, but you keep the difference! )

Cheers,
Matt
Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?