Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CortexOutdoorsPro2Ricoh Theta Z1Seimming PoolTrimVersus

Why I carry a Z1 along with my MP Pro camera13826

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
There's one thing the Z1 adds to a home tour that the Pro just can't do, and the dollhouse view of this latest home is a clear example.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! A swimming pool solution!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
And I saw direct sun light
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious. What does the Z1 offer that a Matterport 360 (not 3D) image doesn't? My understanding is they both are using the Cortex Engine to process. I have been doing sunny exterior scans with my Matterport since the Cortex Engine was released. It seems to get better and better as it gets more images to learn from.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
hat a Matterport 360 (not 3D) image doesn't? My understanding is they both are using the Cortex Engine to process. I have been doing sunny exterior scans with my Matterport since the Cortex Engine was released. It seems to get better and better as it gets more images to learn from.
could you please upload your trim lines for this? I am shooting outdoors a lot and I am struggling to get such a crisp dollhouse view. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@THRHHI - You have asked a VERY good question. So obvious I haven't thought of it before. So I'm asking others who see this for the working procedure.

Shooting MP with the Z1 obviously employs Cortex to accomplish what I'm doing here, putting visible "water" in the swim pool. I shoot, Cortex converts the pano into its "best guess" of the 3D point cloud and adds that to the mesh. Since it guesses that the blue water is at ground level, it adds a water-look surface to the pool.

There is no reason that the Pro camera, shooting in 360 mode with the IR scanner "off", can't do this as well. I've actually not tried this. In my habitual use of the Pro camera I think of the 360 setting as just for those exterior bubble-views. So what's the procedure when you want to use a Pro camera 360 through Cortex? How do you tell the Capture app "I don't want one of those bubbles! I want you to use Cortex to guess at full 3D data."

Probably simple? I'm just unclear. Thanks for explaining! Probably a "Duh!" moment for me!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@ahagert - Here is the Capture screen of the ground floor of this house with markup trim lines. BTW, I'm a fastidious user of the trim tool. MP says there is no reason to 'trim' an exterior wall when you've already marked the windows, but I usually do it anyway. Probably a waste of time but it makes me sleep better.

Post 7 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D helpful, thank you very much!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?