Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Image Qualityphotomatix

MP image quality1379

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I have been incorporating HDR in my photo work flow for well over 10 years and have witnessed its evolution from interesting to recently (2 years or so) quite acceptable if not amazing in some conditions. (I use Photomatix with "natural" setting exclusively.) That said, I am quite impressed with how MP is handling my extreme lighting conditions these days. Color rendition and highlight/shadow compensation is about as good as I could expect from an automated system and my hat is off to whoever is coding that aspect of the MP platform. Approaching scan #100 in 5 months of MPing. I am a happy MPorter.
Post 1 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't agree more. I have found the photo quality of the MP camera remarkable. The color balance is usually spot-on and so is the exposure. I have found that it can make even mediocre homes look elegant. The last scan I did was really remarkable. I thought it was going to need a lot of post-production work, but it was nearly perfect right away. The techies at MP really know what they're doing.

Keep up the great work, you wonderful nerds.
Post 2 IP   flag post
blainecone private msg quote post Address this user
This is interesting that this thread was just posted. I did my second home scan yesterday, and as soon as I walked in the door, I suspected I may have exposure issues. It was a cabin in the mountains - lots of wood and minimal lighting, but the light coming through the windows was extremely bright. Given my experience with HDR photography, I knew how I would manually deal with it in post to retain the detail in the sky while "lighting" the interior to my liking. However, I wasn't sure how MatterPort's automated processing would handle it. In the final result, I was pleased with the interiors, but I lost a lot of detail through the windows. It was a worst case scenario,and I would have liked to have some controls over exposure and white balance. All that said, I'm impressed with Matterport's technology, and am looking forward to witnessing their product improve and "open up" in time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jencoates private msg quote post Address this user
Can you capture a still photo while scanning a room? I find the capture afterwards in their workshop to be terrible. The quality is very very bad..though I see others that look great. I'm trying to figure out what the issue is.
This is ours captured. All pixelated.

Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?