Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseRicoh Theta Z1

First Tour with Z1: Tips/Advice Appreciated13770

DylanWilcox private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, here is my first tour of my brothers bar. Looking for some tips/advice/criticism.

Camera: Theta Z1
Software: Matterport
Scan Options: 3D scan and Simple Scan... (probably should have done complete scan for better quality?)

I opened the Theta app first to put the camera in HDR Rendering and then shot in the Matterport Capture App.

It was snowing today in Wisconsin and noticed how much exposure the white snow had as an impact on the captures. What is the best way to resolve that with using the Z1 and Matterport?

Please feel free to criticize the tour as this was just a practice and meant to learn from.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I looked at it on my phone and it looks good. There is not a lot you can do with the exposure issue with Matterport. In this case I see no window blinds or away to reduce the exterior ligh.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
What does it mean for a Z1 to have a simple or a complex scan? I thought it was just Ipad/Iphone scanning where you do one row vs 3 ones. I honestly cannot imagine a difference with a z1 as it is just one click camera and does a 360 in one click.

As for the tour, it looks great to me. A Matterport camera won't do these bright colours for a dolhouse. It seems a Z1 HDR is much better in range than a Pro2.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As for keeping Theta app open I do not think it should work. The app does not send commands to take pictures in this case, the capture app does through Theta API. So whatever you have in the Theta app should not affect what is coming to the Matterport capture app.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mwillstrop private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dylan, your 360 looks great to me. I agree with previous posts; there is nothing you can do to reduce the exterior highs. I have been battling on my Z1 with November white skies here in London, England for weeks now. As for the Theta app, I have spent a huge amount of time playing with settings and watching cleverer people than me on the web, but found no way round exterior noise. 200 360s on and I still do love the Z1 ... and the MP Capture App too. Mike
Post 5 IP   flag post
ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
I shoot with Z1 and Matterport. I can color correct some of the bright spots with MPembed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
DylanWilcox private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

There is an option to do Simple Scan or Complete Scan. The simple scan is detailed as "fasted method with limited floor and ceiling views. The complete scan is detailed as "capture more of your floors and ceilings.

To me it just means your nadir will be a bit smaller. I did a tour on my house with the complete scan and it seems to me like the quality is better that way.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101726 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?