Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dollhouse ViewFloor PlansInsideMapsiPhone 12 ProLidarVideo

InsideMaps: Shot with iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR (Beta): Dollhouse and Transitions13753

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
InsideMaps 3D Tour shot with an iPhone 12 Pro (LiDAR) Beta by We Get Around Atlanta Photographer Dan Smigrod

InsideMaps created video of the InsideMaps 3D Tour (above).

InsideMaps created 2D schematic floor plans from the InsideMaps 3D Tour.

InsideMaps: Shot with iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR: Dollhouse-Transitions-Floor Plan
Please see InsideMaps 3D Tour embedded at the top of this post, or click here.

InsideMaps: Shot with iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR (Beta): Dollhouse and Matterport-Like Walkthrough Transitions

Hi All,

Here is my Inside Maps 3D Tour test shoot with my iPhone 12 Pro using its built-in LiDAR. (Using the iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR feature is in public beta.) I also ordered from InsideMaps a video and 2D schematic floor plans created from the InsideMaps 3D Tour above.

I shot this InsideMaps tour like I would Matterport; every scan every 5-7 feet.

Single Property Website: Home-Office V3 | iPhone 12 Pro (LiDAR) (Beta)

Worth Noting

3D Dollhouse (InsideMaps calls this Birds-Eye-View)
Walkthrough transitions like Matterport: not fade in/out between 360s
✓ Interactive Floor Plan (2D schematic floor plans can be ordered)
✓ Highlights Reel (walk around by selecting a thumbnail)
✓ Branding opportunity (See We Get Around logo)
✓ 2D schematic floor plans ordered (Optional Extra Add On)
✓ Single Property Website included: add photos, video, map, 2D schematic floor plans (video is an Optional Extra Add On); while I could have done the snapshots myself at no charge, I did the Optional Extra Add On of Curated Photo Gallery) (below). For clarification, the snapshots are from the 360 spherical images that my iPhone 12 Pro shot automatically using the InsideMaps HERO Rotator.

You can shoot InsideMaps with:

1. iPhone X/11/12 power the FREE 3D Tour creation paired with an InsideMaps HERO Rotator ($199) + InsideMaps iOS App
2. iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR (beta) + InsideMaps iOS App (as I shot above)
3. Ricoh Theta Z1 or Ricoh Theta V

---

Are a professional real estate photographer that wants to offer virtual tours as an Add On?

Are you researching 3D virtual tour platforms that offer a Matterport-like experience without the investment in a proprietary camera and platform and can be shot and produced much faster with an iPhone X or later paired with a $200 rotator? And, a real unlimited free plan with a super-affordable nicely loaded $29 unlimited plan with some optional extras (like floor plans, blue-sky/green grass (and more) image editing and curated snapshots)?

Add InsideMaps to your short-list of 3D virtual tour platforms to research and take for a spin.

Begin by watching this deep-dive demo and discussion (below) with with InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe) and InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler aired/recorded live (Thursday, 3 December 2020).

Then visit InsideMaps.com to get started.

Best,

Dan

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Shoot/Create Free InsideMaps 3D Tours with iPhone

86-WGAN-TV How to Shoot and Create InsideMaps 3D Tours for Free with an iPhone with InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe) and InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler | Thursday, 3 December 2020

Instead of doing snapshots within the InsideMaps 3D Tour myself - DIY - I did the InsideMaps Optional Extra Add On of curating the snapshots from inside the tour for me. These are the images that InsideMaps provided (above). For clarification, the snapshots are from the 360 spherical images that my iPhone 12 Pro shot automatically using the InsideMaps HERO Rotator.
Post 1 IP   flag post
dndavis private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work, Dan! Thank you!!

Is there a way to slow down those rapid spins and zooms? It's a bit like being on a carnival ride.

I was going to pull the trigger on a HERO rotator, but they don't yet have a holder for the Pro Max. I'll give it a try with the Theta Z1 in the meantime.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dndavis

Thank you!

Regarding ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dndavis
Is there a way to slow down those rapid spins and zooms? It's a bit like being on a carnival ride.

... I will defer to InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe) to answer that question.

Also, Gabe is the following in the works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dndavis
I was going to pull the trigger on a HERO rotator, but they don't yet have a holder for the Pro Max. I'll give it a try with the Theta Z1 in the meantime.

@dndavis

After you shoot an InsideMaps 3D Tour with your Ricoh Theta Z1, can you start a new discussion and share your results (including embedding/linking to the InsideMaps 3D Tour and InsideMaps Single Property Website?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the video Dan and asking that question on my behalf.
I will need to find an Iphone 12 before I can get their rotator.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

Thanks for question

You can use iPhone X or later to create free InsideMaps 3D tours.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Gold
Inside_Maps private msg quote post Address this user
@dndavis If you're referring to the 3D Tour user experience, we can't do it through the settings for projects individually. It is a default value for the spin to spin transition.

If you were thinking about the Walkthrough Video, there is a way to slow the rotation speed on request.

Please reach out if you have any more questions.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101422 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?