Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport KerfuffleSneakyTransfergate

Question of the Day>How does the ending of transfers to Classic affect you?13739

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport eBlast received 8:36 am EST Tuesday, 8 December 2020

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 8 December 2020:

How does Matterport ending transfers to Matterport Classic Pricing Cloud account from Matterport New Pricing Cloud account affect you?

This question was inspired by this Matterport news announced (Tuesday, 8 December 2020) in an eBlast to Matterport Classic Cloud account users:

2. The ability to transfer spaces from “New” to “Classic” plans for free will be removed, effective 1/31/21. Our new plan subscribers represent the majority of Matterport customers. As such it is important we keep parity of features between both sets of plans but that we also maintain fairness across our customer base. While the ability for “Classic” plan holders to transfer over spaces from “New” accounts for free has technically existed for a while, it created an unintended exploitation of our commercial terms that undermined the value offered to the majority of our customers. As such, we will remove this ability for all “Classic” plan holders, effective January 31st, 2021.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Well during busy times it will mean I will lose 1000's of dollars a month. It's pretty simple when you boil it down to numbers.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pixelray

You have less than 60 days notice by Matterport to change your business plan.

What will you do (so that you are not losing thousands of dollars a month?)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
This is the only plans that ever made sense clickable text < the new plans are not scaleable at all. We don't archive tours ever. The hosting will cost some clients more per year than the actual tour. Why not just do the tours for free and charge a monthly fee for life?

They will need to relook the structures as it is chocking the new MSP's ... If they kept the classic plans and maybe just pushed up the processing fees with a couple of $$$ there would have been millions of more tours by now in my opinion.

It will affect everyones business for sure.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Simple Math :

New Business plan $309.00 pm / 100 Active spaces / $3,09 pm

Classic Basic Plan $49.00 pm / 100 Active spaces / $0.49 pm

$37.08 vs. $5,88 per tour per year

So as a newbie how does this make you feel?
Post 5 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm,

Unless we (MSPs) are more relevant than I think we are in terms of total numbers of tours/hosting I don't expect this will impact them financially much at all. These plans haven't been available for a while now. I'm guessing this is clean up on their part of a legacy program they intended to end a year ago. If you haven't thought about this kind of a change for a long time you've had blinders on.

Does rolling this back 45 days mean we are still a functional piece of their business model (either now or going forward)? That would be kind of surprising to me - but who knows, maybe? Either way thanks Matterport for giving us some consideration and some notice vs no notice. I've seen the agreements and realize this isn't something you had to do.

Pity we can't transfer 3 scans a month from Pro2, Z1, or BLK cameras...
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
So, in the middle of this change I have 4 big projects I've been contracted to do. I have the new plan, joined in the Spring (started with 25 @ $69/month--$700 if paid upfront). When I tried to transfer to my client (the folks who hired me) they couldn't accept it and I had to sign on as a collaborator. NOW every model I upload to this company is also one of my "25". As a new kid, 25 was working out ok and I had planned on investing more if I needed to. I didn't care about saving these models. I have the Capture data.

Anyway, it matters a lot. I like this company and they pay me well. But accumulating models is definitely going to impact me. I'm hoping that this company purchases a new plan so that there is no penalty for their hired scanners.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
this still leaves more questions than answers.

They say "The ability to transfer spaces from "new" to "classic" plans for free will be removed."

Does this mean it will still be an option but for a small fee? Honestly, I would be okay with that if it was something minimal, like $5 as I would only need that ability in case of emergency (restoring an archived scan). That could be a good revenue source for Matterport.

To do away with that ability entirely disrupts all the sub-contracting opportunities that are out there. I usually have a couple dozen scans per year that I hire out to other MSPs outside my working area, and there's usually a half dozen or more times that we do jobs for other companies in our area that they can't do themselves.

Normally we will just upload to our account and transfer, or vice versa, but it's not that easy anymore.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'm so over these idiots
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
Simple Math :

New Business plan $309.00 pm / 100 Active spaces / $3,09 pm

Classic Basic Plan $49.00 pm / 100 Active spaces / $0.49 pm

$37.08 vs. $5,88 per tour per year

So as a newbie how does this make you feel?

You should add at least USD19.00 classic processing fee to the USD5.88, that is USD37.08 vs USD24.88

BTW If you select USD1320.00 for 50 tours per year, that is USD26.4 vs USD24.88

It is not a big difference.
And for some large tours(more than 100points or use BLK360 or 360camera for outside area.) the new plan is cheaper.

The achieve feature is also a value plus for the new plan: archieve the older than three months tours, your 50 tours account can hold 200 tours per year. Free 3 months cloud storage is enough for most house to be sold. You can charge cloud storage fee if client wants to show his tour more than 3 months.
How much processing fee for 200 tours you should pay if you are classic user? That is zero if you with new plan. The 50 tours new plan is pretty good for a fast grow beginner.

Classic plan is cheap at storage and new plan is free at process. It is the option that Matterport provided to their users. One can't get both. The free transfer from new to classic should not be exist from the 1st day of the release of new plan. Who use that owe Matterport lots of process fee already theoretically.

I think it's fair that Matterport stopped the free transfer, and kind enough to provide a two months switching period.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@JuMP I don't care for processing fees as that is paid by the Clients and part of the pricing. So technically if you look at both with zero processing fees classic plan still wins all the way. Because we charge higher for the tours and give more value to our clients.

If the MSP's stopped driving down the prices we wont be in this situation. Or if we can get self hosting as we had with Geocv and own our content. Then paying $50 - $100 processing fees is a no brainer.
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwaddington
When I tried to transfer to my client (the folks who hired me) they couldn't accept it and I had to sign on as a collaborator. NOW every model I upload to this company is also one of my "25". As a new kid, 25 was working out ok and I had planned on investing more if I needed to. I didn't care about saving these models.

There is one workaround which I have not been aware. It is just working with partners from different states from mine has made me realise that you can actually upload all scans to somebody's account for processing. They make you a collaborator, you scan on your ipad but upload to the account where you are a collaborator.
Makes it much easier than dealing with traders plus you only need to scan and trim and the rest is up to the account holder who you are uploading to.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

It's January 27th! Are you Matterport accounts in order for the change?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?