Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport KerfuffleSneakyTransfergate

Matterport to end Transfer to "Classic" from "New" effective 31 Jan 202113737

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport eBlast received 8:36 am EST Tuesday, 8 December 2020

Hi All,

From a Matterport eBlast sent Tuesday, 8 December 2020:

2. The ability to transfer spaces from “New” to “Classic” plans for free will be removed, effective 1/31/21. Our new plan subscribers represent the majority of Matterport customers. As such it is important we keep parity of features between both sets of plans but that we also maintain fairness across our customer base. While the ability for “Classic” plan holders to transfer over spaces from “New” accounts for free has technically existed for a while, it created an unintended exploitation of our commercial terms that undermined the value offered to the majority of our customers. As such, we will remove this ability for all “Classic” plan holders, effective January 31st, 2021.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
It’s says free transfer. Does this mean they will charge fir a transfer
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
I am still on classic plan with almost 135 models published. Does anyone from those having new plans can give the difference after changing from the classic ones?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk - what I heard is that they will charge for processing when it's transferred in from a new plan.

Unfortunately that looks like double dipping on the processing fees.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul @3dshowcaseuk @DanSmigrod From Matterport support...

My question to support:
"Are you removing the transfer feature altogether or will you be charging for the transfer? If you are charging, how much will it be?"

Their response:
"Unfortunately, transferring spaces from a new plan to an old/classic plan will stop or no longer available on January 31, 2021.

Transfer a Space Between Organizations"

The link above states:
"Spaces can be transferred from a Classic plan account to any other paid plan account, Classic or New.
However, beginning January 31, 2021, spaces CANNOT be transferred the other direction, from a New plan account into Classic plan account. If you try to transfer a space to someone on a Classic plan, the Classic account holder will receive the transfer email request, but will see a message that the transfer is not allowed and will be asked to upgrade to one of the New plans in order to accept."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I can see people being caught out by this upgrade trick. So if someone tries to transfer to my classic plan from a new account, I will receive an email saying I need to upgrade. If I choose to do so I will lose my classic plan forever.

The email should really be saying you need to open a new hosting account, not upgrade a classic to new.

Am I being paranoid or does this not look fishy!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

It's January 27th! Are you Matterport accounts in order for the change?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?