Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GPSMatterFixMatterportRepairsWifi

Matterport Camera Repairs - topic of the day - WiFi antenna issues13726

Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Camera Repairs - Todays topic: WiFi antenna issues (feel free to post any repair questions here or contact me with info at the end).

At MatterFix.io we provide out of warranty repairs for Matterport camera owners and I thought I'd post some basic information about WiFi antenna issues, since it's one of the more common repairs we do.

Most Matterport cameras have one WiFi antenna located under the top plate of the camera (there are some Pro2 cameras that have two wifi antennas).

The most common damage to the wifi antenna happens in conjunction with the camera taking a fall...the top pops off and this causes the antenna wire to break because it connects the antenna on the top plate to the camera mainboard inside the camera.

If you're exceptionally unlucky, the antenna wire will stay attached to its connector on the mainboard and rip it off of the mainboard...this makes an otherwise easy repair quite a bit more difficult! and expensive!

The second common scenario is that the camera takes a hard impact but the top does not come off, however if the impact is in the wrong place, the wifi antenna wire will get crushed between the metal interior frame of the camera and the external plastic housing.

In this case you might notice diminished connection strength or it might not stay connected at all. (This type of impact can also damage the GPS antenna cable in the same way because it is located similarly to the wifi antenna cable).

In either case we would replace the wifi antenna module and then re-assemble the camera and fully test everything including the signal strength of the new antenna.

As with all of our repairs, we typically complete the work in one or two days and we warranty all of our repairs for one year.

We always use OEM parts for our repairs. You can visit www.MatterFix.io or email me at info@matterfix.io should you need more information.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
Also - If we do a repair that costs over $250, Dan has generously offered a free, 1 yr Membership to the WGAN-TV Training Academy.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
This is great info. I found out about you guys a few weeks after we needed this! Ours fell and the wire ripped out of the mainboard. I suspect we could have saved a ton of money with y'all.

Go Gators!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
Thanks for the feedback! We'll be here if something happens again. Go Gators!...they've been one of the few bright spots of 2020!
Post 4 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
As I used Mike recently, (for the issues described above), I'm adding to this thread though I'm in another thread. From shipping out the camera till received back 72 hrs. (That's to and from Florida during covid). The camera was unusable before being sent. Yesterday I used it on a 28K scan and it was flawless.

The cost through Matterport (lowest if no other issues found) was $650 plus shipping. Took Matterport 48 hours and a couple of calls and numerous emails to get the RMA and quote.

I'm not knocking Matterport here. If Mike hadn't been around I'd have used them. Instead I'm saying Mike did a great job for me in this case, and with great communication.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: WGAN-TV Top 10 Matterport Pro Camera Repairs with MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce-#1633-Show Overview And Camera GPS And Wifi Antenna Repair with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1633, above), @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce discusses the GPS and WiFi Repair for the Matterport Pro camera.

We Get Around Network Forum Members receive a free 12-month WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership when you do a $250 or more repair with MatterFix.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?