Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DOWNLOAD360PlatformsTransfergate

How to export (Many) Matterport Tours and Host Them on Other Platforms13690

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @joelE

What is the best solution to export tours (at least few of my long term hosted tours) to outside matterport to continue to use them without paying monthly fee ? what platform

I could imagine that others are thinking the same thing as a result of this week's news ...

Hi @joelE ...

1. The easiest way to export all the 360s from a Matterport tour is DOWNLOAD360

DOWNLOAD360 Service: Download all the 360ºs from Your Matterport 3D Tour

2. Here are some platforms to consider:

Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?

Anything to share about the tours that you want to move that would help the WGAN Community suggest which platform is right for you?

Best,

Dan

P.S. I could imagine that others will have thoughts on this topic ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
There is no affordable way out of Matterport.

MPEmbed is offering a batch pano extractor for 8k Panos. And there is other ways to export highres and obj, but only against the Matterport terms of service.

I recommend to continue hosting on the classic plan as long as you can. Charge everyone of your clients for hosting or turn these spaces off (and move these spaces to a new plan). Use the classic plan to show (some) of your work.

For the future I will only shoot Matterport if I need measurements and CAD or if the client wants the dollhouse. For longterm use cases I am moving the business to 3DVista. I am also evaluating Krpano plus CMS4VR with everpano or with the blender plugin as alternatives for self-hosted 3D tours with a dollhouse.

I cannot work with a company, that is permanently changing business rules. Matterports business model for Pro photography is incredibly expensive and it does not make sense to me. You cannot be sure, what you have to pay for hosting. It can be 2,50 up to something about 6,50 per space per month.

To make a business out of hosting with Matterport I would have to charge something between 10,00 and 20,00 per month. Especially if I have on-top services like MPEmbed, WP3D, Treedis or Google Analytics (with monsterinsights subscription) integrated into my hosting system. Which hospitality client wants to pay 200 per year for a hotel room?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
It is JuMP time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I am seeing rumblings in the MOUG that Matterport may have reversed this decision without explanation ~ So, you may see if you are able to transfer currently
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch It is JuMP time still before it was out of control and too late.
There would be 12 pcs "the 1st day of a month" within each year.
Who knows what news would be announced the next 1st day of a coming month? And can it be reversed or not?
But we all know what Matterport wants for sure from long time ago and it is never changed.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

DOWNLOAD360 service is no longer available.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest at this point I do not see any reason to get out of Matterport. It takes may be less on a client's site to use something else but takes more time in an office to build a custom tour. So matterport tours in total time win over anything else.

And in a nutshell if you do not want to spend a lot of time capturing a detailed(every 2-3 meters) Matterport tour filling all voids behind furniture do it every 5-7 meters and disable a dollhouse and a floor plan to hide all missed areas around.

You can do it a few times faster this way, a tour will be built much faster with just a press of a button to upload and it is still a Matterport tour with 134MP panos. And without dollhouse you do need to trim anything.

I only realised it when some local photographer screwed up a tour for a local agency and to hide their laziness of detailed scanning hidden both a 3D dollhouse and a floor plan.

The rea was not happy as they were prepared to pay good money so they hired me. I found a way to enable both the dollhouse and the floor plan in the photographer's tour. That when I realised that if my client was on a budget and could only pay say $120-150 instead of $600 paid I could just offer it to do for $120 without any detailed walkthrough/dollhouse/floor plan.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101634 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?