Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceEmbedGoogle Street ViewMarketingSell

Inputting a tour into Google street view1369

Dolloff private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
We have a client asking if we can upload or import the Matterport tours into Google street views, so people can walk into their property from the google map. My initial reaction was no, google has their own photographers that go out and create these street views, which are of lower quality than Matterport and very one dimentional as for marketing, they cannot be put anywhere else... But am i correct? Has anyone else come across this question or competition with Google?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
You're right. Currently it's not possible to integrate the MP showcase into a google street view business view.

Google business view does that exclusively.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
You can apply to become a google photographer, if you wish to. Our head office in Sydney applied and across Australia we use the head office account. Also no to MP but there is the Tango project see MP page http://matterport.com/matterport-and-google-atap-project-tango/
Post 3 IP   flag post
WashingtonState360 private msg quote post Address this user
By the way, to become a GTP (Google Trusted Photographer), doing standard "photo-spheres", you'll need to attend a training and sign an agreement, which binds you NOT to do those at, i.e. museums and some other locations (which is why I didn't become one yet). Yes. They have a special group doing those.

Maybe eventually using a Matterport process would void that portion of the terms, but in the interim, traditional pano-spheres are not as engaging and interactive.

Perhaps in a couple/few years, Google Maps & Streetview will work together? You are all likely simply ahead of that timing.
;-)
Post 4 IP   flag post
101636 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?