Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingSneakyTransfer SpaceTransfergate

Is Matterport blocking transfers from NEW to OLD Matterport Pricing Plans?13682

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HomePlanNZ

Hmmmmmmm.....

Would be nice to have a Matterport executive clarify rather than have Matterport Support team get caught in the cross-fire.

Worth noting ...

In Matterport ShopTalk #9 Webinar on Wednesday, 2 December 2020, there is no mention of "Transfergate" ... Instead, the Matterport Classic Pricing is discussed starting at 23:29 and ending at 33:00, AND during the Q&A.

Interesting how much time was spent trying to explain how/why Matterport new pricing is a much better deal that Matterport Classic pricing.

Worth noting at 51:01, Matterport Director of Product Marketing Volkie Yelkovan says in response to a viewer's question, "Karam is asking 'how much longer do you expect Classic plans to remain active for users still on them?' As we said, they will be active forever, that's our policy right now. So there's no forcing function for you to move to a new plan.

I could imagine that Volkie or Amir will clarify this on the next Matterport ShopTalk Webinar.

Here is a transcript of the entire Matterport ShopTalk #9 webinar:

Transcript: Matterport Current Cloud Pricing Plans versus Classic Plan

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 51 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
It almost seems like they don't understand what the effects of this would be. This is not a small change to my business. Something of this magnitude should NEVER be rolled out with NO notice!

I kind of figured that they rolled out the new plans to encourage/enable larger MSPs to be more aggressive on pricing, and to squeeze the hobbyists out. They created a system where you can pay (for example) $69/month for a new plan and have all processing covered, then xfer to a large old plan after processing, then return to the new plan for archiving. Which (while a little time consuming) is great for us.

This aborted change blows that sky high, and would upend all the business decisions we have made on the past 9 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mib94
Looks like they have indeed reversed it!

Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport eBlast received 8:36 am EST Tuesday, 8 December 2020

Hi All,

From a Matterport eBlast sent Tuesday, 8 December 2020:

1. “Classic” plans aren’t going anywhere. Our community would not be where it is without the early bets placed by the charter members of our community who subscribed to our “Classic” plans. We will therefore continue to support these plans fully. If you are happy with your “Classic” plan, rest assured we are not taking them away. We are happy for you to keep using those plans, with one caveat, which we are spelling out below:

2. The ability to transfer spaces from “New” to “Classic” plans for free will be removed, effective 1/31/21. Our new plan subscribers represent the majority of Matterport customers. As such it is important we keep parity of features between both sets of plans but that we also maintain fairness across our customer base. While the ability for “Classic” plan holders to transfer over spaces from “New” accounts for free has technically existed for a while, it created an unintended exploitation of our commercial terms that undermined the value offered to the majority of our customers. As such, we will remove this ability for all “Classic” plan holders, effective January 31st, 2021.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mib94
Looks like this was just updated today:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000201087-Transfer-a-Space-Between-Organizations#important-notes-0-0

I tried to transfer from my new subscription to my classic and it was blocked. I figured this was coming, but it seem's particularly harsh to implement this with no notice.

Here's what this Matterport Support page says, as of 9 am EST Tuesday, 8 December 2020:

Dan
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

It's January 27th! Are you Matterport accounts in order for the change?

Dan
Post 55 IP   flag post

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

This change doesn't effect my business ~ I occasionally have transferred from my Classic account into the New accounts or Classic to Classic but, never from one of the New plans to a Classic
Post 56 IP   flag post
101428 56 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?