Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingSneakyTransfer SpaceTransfergate

Is Matterport blocking transfers from NEW to OLD Matterport Pricing Plans?13682

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I received this email from a WGAN Member

Do you have first-hand knowledge of a change by Matterport?

Dan

---

hey Dan

just tried to transfer a new account space to my old account as always.

Seems they cut that option overnight ))-:

that would be disaster.

I did over [redacted] commercial shoots in the past [redacted] months and am now hosting [redacted] spaces on the grandfathered account at US$49.

That would cost me around [redacted] a month if they force a new account onto me.

Have you heard about this?

[redacted]

---

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

How to game the new Matterport Pricing
Matterport 2019 New Pricing
Post 1 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t see this as feasible. So we can only transfer to the same type of account?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
This apparently is correct. I agree that this is an utter disaster. I just tried to do this transfer and was denied.

This is total BS, and they are absolute cowards for not giving us warning in advance. This ruins a significant part of my business model.

I will be consulting my attorney tomorrow.

KF
Post 3 IP   flag post
mib94 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like this was just updated today:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000201087-Transfer-a-Space-Between-Organizations#important-notes-0-0

I tried to transfer from my new subscription to my classic and it was blocked. I figured this was coming, but it seem's particularly harsh to implement this with no notice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mib94
Looks like this was just updated today:

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000201087-Transfer-a-Space-Between-Organizations#important-notes-0-0

I tried to transfer from my new subscription to my classic and it was blocked. I figured this was coming, but it seem's particularly harsh to implement this with no notice.

Thanks for catching that! The page was updated today at 5:47 pm EST (Tuesday, 1 December 2020): less than 3 hours ago!

Dan

However, spaces CANNOT be transferred the other direction, from a New plan account into Classic plan account. If you try to transfer a space to someone on a Classic plan, the Classic account holder will receive the transfer email request, but will see a message that the transfer is not allowed and will be asked to upgrade to one of the New plans in order to accept, says the updated Matterport Support page.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Wow....this is awful news. Time to embrace Inside Maps???
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Blowing up the MOUG as well

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

This is also why I had questioned some of the verbiage in one of the last Matterport round tables when they had mentioned that they were still deciding what features would be allowed with which plans. I could see them making a similar move with the select blur tool and any "new" features coming down the road
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Town Hall - Matterport New Pricing (Thursday, 26 May 2019) with Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell, Matterport Vice President of Product Management Damien Leostic. (Transcript)

Hi All,

Seems sneaky. Very sneaky.

While Matterport did not cancel the Matterport Classic Pricing - Matterport DID change a component of the Classic plan that they promised not to end or change unless Matterport gave 12 months notice. This apparent move today (Tuesday, 1 December 2020) was not in the spirit of what Matterport CEO RJ Pittman said on Matterport Facebook Live on Thursday, 9 May 2019:

RJ Pittman: My commitment to customers is what I said before, maybe I'll just be super sharp about that. It's indefinite. Can this change? It's entirely possible, but our instincts around this and the direction we're headed, I want to be really clear, is change for the better, and making sure that again our customers and the way that you've built your businesses are not disrupted and as we create new plans and if you are moved into a new plan in five years, 10 years down the road it would be self-motivated because we'd be creating so much value and a better plan that you'd want to get out of the grandfathered plan to get on something that's much more scalable and cost efficient.

I just did a quick review of the transcript from WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall: Matterport New Pricing 16 May 2019 (above) with (former) Matterport Chief Marketing Officer Chris Bell, Matterport Vice President of Product Management Damien Leostic.

Chris Bell: But as far as not changing, we are on record saying we have no plans to change the classic situation the way that they're set up today. If we do ever change them, there'll be at least a year notice, a year's notice before we do anything with them. That should give you some comfort levels. It should really give everyone some comfort level. We have not even discussed a timeframe for this because the whole point of it is to give you something that you can run your businesses against for the foreseeable future.

Chris Bell: Which is why we've said indefinite and you can hold us to that promise. As far as the differences in currency and economics worldwide, I think that's a business problem that we can all appreciate. But we may need to talk about some kind of arrangement where your usage as it grows and grows has more of an enterprise arrangement with us. Damien has spent a lot of time looking at the differences between or not the differences but the outcomes of different size hosting plans and how we're transitioning from the old to the new. So I'm just gonna ask him to comment on your around hosting fees and your observations of your employees and colleagues.

And, then there is this exchange from the WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall:

Dan Smigrod: Good. I hear we'll get at least a year's notice in terms of a change related to classic pricing. If that was to change, would that also be the case with transfer meaning we presently can transfer models for free. Can we count on at least the year that we'll be able to transfer models for free?

Damien Leostic: That's good. So, first of, thanks for highlighting your use case. I've seen that on your forum. I've seen the [inaudible 01:25:08] that you had on-

Dan Smigrod: I'm trying to look for a way, Damien, that perhaps those of us that are on a classic plan can be happy with classic. What I'm suggesting is, "Okay, I'm on a classic plan, forever at least I can activate for $19 get up to another 50 models." If I'm paying for processing more than $69 a month, then it would make sense to open up at least have a second account, process my models, transfer them from my new account back to my existing account.

Dan Smigrod: As long as transfer is free, then I am still at the, I want to say at $2 per additional model for hosting. Right now at 300 models in a $1,500 a year account, I'm paying $5 a year for hosting under the new plan that's going to be $29 or even as high as 48, depending on how you count going back to Leon's explanation. If you don't fill up the the account overnight and therefore you don't get the benefit of it. What I'm trying to ask is can I transfer my models pay for the $19 for another 50 models and still have the benefit of that lower original price for hosting?

Damien Leostic: I completely understand the use case. Sort of what you're saying is like, "Look, I see the benefits of the new plan and I'm going to go sign up for a new plan because I realize those benefits." It's a first step towards adoption and realizing the value of what you bring. Now the paradigm that you explained is value today. Yes, you can sign up two to plans. Oh sorry, sign up to the new plan and keeping your classic plan. You can transfer the models.

Damien Leostic: I'm not here to comment necessarily whether or not this is going to be in definitive transferring capability. Our job here is, look-

Dan Smigrod: Well, Damien, I need to push back a little bit because the transfer feature is presently part of the classic plan. It's a huge benefit to the existing Matterport service providers that have been around quite some time to say, "Oh well this would be a way that I am not capped with a number of models that I can host on my classic plan." If I really do have a thriving business and I'm processing with more than $69 a month, then it would make sense for me to add another account.

Dan Smigrod: Then at some point if you keep loading on membership benefits into the professional and business account, then maybe they would actually be a reason to switch. But in terms of keeping everybody happy who is a classic member, if you let us know that transfer would remain free for another year, then I think that scenario may resonate with a number of pros.

Chris Bell: Dan, I think it's a good suggestion. We're not going to make some feature and policy decisions on live TV, but we're going to go back and we're going to answer this question and we're going to answer it on your forum. Let's take it head on. I understand the use case. I also believe in my heart of hearts that as many of you start to use the new tiers and we start to add value to the tiers that you'll want to be at that level.

Chris Bell: But for now, I applaud the creative solutions to make what we have on the table work for your businesses today and I appreciate the flexibility. So if you're willing to work that hard to keep things in kilter for your business, I think it just shows a lot of passion for Matterport. So we'll do our part and go back and evaluate that exact question.

Dan Smigrod: That sounds great. I know we've had you on the line for about an hour and a half. I think it's really at the point we should wrap up unless any of our service members have burning desire questions that absolutely must be asked Kevin Dewalt.

Kevin Dole: You can count on me Dan. Damien and Chris, thank you both for the time today. Really appreciate it. Chris, quite 30, 45 minutes ago at one point Ross asked the question about having advanced notice and you essentially promised him that if the classic plans were ever to be unplugged, you'd give us a year's notice.

Chris Bell: Correct.

Kevin Dole: What I would like, what I'm requesting here in front of everyone else is give us at least one month's notice from when the announcement came last week for us to decide which of the classic plans we would like to be on going forward as an option to switching onto the new plan. If you're going to promise in advance a year's notice for something that could happen in the future, put something behind it. Put some ammunition behind it by giving us one month now to assess all of these options that we have as classic Matterport users.

Chris Bell: I think it's a fair suggestion. I also think it's part of a comment that I made even farther back on the broadcast where we are committed to growing our MSP program and working with you and talking with you more often about these sorts of things. So as part of our reboot on the MSP program and our re-engagement with ambassadors, I think there will be a way that we can have a channel, a communication channel that is confidential that that brings our partners into a conversation. I'm not promising any time-bound thing at this point, but I am promising that we're going to up our level of effort and our communication with all of you.

Leon Herbert: That's the one thing that I'd really like to see. I think you upset a lot of people by not communicating. I still haven't gotten an email saying anything about the changes in process. You need to communicate with people and preferably not on the day that you do something new. I know you've got secrets and whatever and you don't want the market tonight, blah, blah, blah. But we pay a lot of money and it would be nice to be informed about what's going on. That's all. Thank you.

Chris Bell: Let's keep this conversation going and let's double down on our efforts to have a vibrant MSP program and communications like that. Because I do think it's within reach.

Dan Smigrod: Terrific. Chris and Damien, before I come back to you for the almost final word, I just wanted to thank Ali, I wish I knew how to say that in Turkish, but thank you for being on the show today. John, Ross, Leon and Leon, Kevin, Jefferson, Takada. [inaudible 01:32:26] because miss Romaine. [foreign language 01:32:30]. I think it's really been helpful to have you all on the show today to express how you feel about the new pricing, to ask your questions. So I thank you for doing that.

Dan Smigrod: I did also hear that Chris said he'd like to continue the conversation in the, We Get Around Network Forum. Chris, If I have that correct. So I think what we should continue to do is that as we have either concerns or objections or recommendations or solutions is to post them in the Forum, give Matterport, they've joined the Community this week to be part of the Community, to listen, to contribute and to get back to us. I think we've now opened up a new channel of communication that hopefully we'll be good for everyone. Chris and Damion, before I wrap it up, do you all have anything that you'd like to say?

Chris Bell: I would really like to thank all of you for your honesty and candor. This is how we learn about what we need to do and want to do in the future iterations of the product. Obviously we can't take every suggestion. We have some balancing to do, but I'll tell you as customer obsessed marketer and product manager, Damian and I are listening and are learning. We're learning from you. I hope this is the first of several interactions that we can do. Dan, we'll be back on. This was a really great Forum and I thank you for setting it up.

Dan Smigrod: Thank you. Damien, anything?

Chris Bell: Thank you very much Dan for setting that up. Thank you everyone for [inaudible 01:34:09] to connect with faces and names. We see you posting and commenting. just a quick thank you [foreign language 01:34:19] whichever languages we had today. See you guys.

Dan Smigrod: Good. Thank you for tuning in. Super appreciated it. If you tuned in a little bit late, we have recorded the show today. We will post it in the We Get Around Network Forum tomorrow Friday, May 17, 2019. If we missed your question, I know we have a lot of questions in our virtual studio audience. We didn't get to them all. Please do post them in the, We Get Around Network Forum. I think Matterport folks are listening. They want to engage. I think that's something new and a new spirit that we haven't heard before. We're happy to hear that.

Dan Smigrod: If you've been watching on our YouTube channel, join the conversation, WeGetAroundNetworkForum.com or WGANForum.com for short. Again, thank you all for tuning in. Chris, again, thank you Damien. Thank you.

Damien Leostic: Thank you.

Chris Bell: Thanks for having us.

Dan Smigrod: Thank you. I'm Dan Smigrod, founder of the We Get Around Network Forum, Thursday, May 16, 2019. From around the world, thanks for tuning in to WGAN-TV Live at 5.

--

What are your thoughts?

Did Matterport executives agree not to change the Matterport Classic plan without one year notice?

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Transcript: WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall: Matterport New Pricing 16 May 2019
Transcript: Matterport CEO RJ Pittman on Facebook Live Thursday-9 May 2019
How to game the new Matterport Pricing
Matterport 2019 New Pricing
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
They most certainly violated both the word and the sentiment of this statement.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

It was on "Shop Talk 9" discussing the blur tool ~ The last bullet point was discussing which plans would get these tools moving forward...

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport ShopTalk #9 | New Features and Updates & Part 2 of Customizing your Model | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 14 October 2020

@lilnitsch

Thanks for sending ...

Below is a transcript segment of Matterport ShopTalk #9 Webinar video above.

Presentators

Amir Frank, Matterport Marketing Content Manager
Haakon Erichsen, Matterport Chief Software Architect
Indy Sen, Matterport VP Product Marketing & Platform

Haakon:
Now, can I undo a blur? It's kind of fundamental about these blurs that we want them to be fully secure. So once you've added a blur, the only way to undo a blur is actually to reprocess the model. So if you have access to reprocess the model, that's sort of the only way to remove a blur after it's been applied.

Haakon:
And then which subscription plans will get it? That's still to be determined. I don't have details to share on that today unfortunately, but we will of course share that as soon as we can.

Haakon:
And the last big question, when will this be released? Unfortunately can't give any details just yet, but look for this in the next couple of months.

Amir Frank:
I'm looking forward to that. I mean having been here four and a half years, I know it's been a very, very highly anticipated and very well requested feature, so I can't wait for this to come out.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This transfer of spaces doesn't effect me currently as I typically transfer spaces the other direction ~ giving ownership to the client with their own account. So, from Classic to New which is at the moment still permitted
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion prior to the WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall discussed above.

To Matterport MSPs and Customers

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN discussion:

Matterport: "maniacal focus on our customers to truly differentiate our..."

Available on Amazon: The Emperor's New Clothes (Tales to Grow By): A Story About Honesty

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Hi All,

I noticed this Matterport Job Opening includes:

"... help us achieve our goal of maniacal focus on our customers to truly differentiate our business"

Your thoughts?

Dan

---

Job Opening: Matterport Head of Customer Experience

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA /CUSTOMER SUCCESS /FULL-TIME

Apply Here For Expedited Consideration If You Are Being Directed to a Third Party Site: https://matterport.com/careers/

Matterport is the industry leader in 3D capture and spatial data with a mission to digitize and index the built world, and advance the way people interact with the places they inhabit and explore. Matterport’s all-in-one 3D data platform enables anyone to turn a physical space into an immersive digital twin and share it with others to connect and collaborate in 3D. The Matterport platform helps thousands of customers in 130+ countries realize the full potential of a space at every stage of its lifecycle including planning, construction, appraisal, marketing and operations.

With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are transforming how we experience the built world!

THE ROLE

Matterport is looking for a passionate, dynamic leader of our Customer Success and Customer Support functions to help us achieve our goal of maniacal focus on our customers to truly differentiate our business. Reporting to our CRO, the candidate chosen for this role will be responsible for leading all of our post-sales functions related to our customers. You will drive our efforts to design and execute strategies for running our day-to-day customer support operations, improve the operational efficiency at a global scale and provide customer insights to the broader organization to enable continuous improvement of the overall customer experience. In addition, you will oversee our Customer Success/Implementation organization responsible for global enterprise customer implementations. You will be a devoted advocate of the customer experience and will possess a strong IQ and EQ to sustain our focus on delighting our customers while evangelizing Matterport as the industry leader.

Responsibilities

✓ Work closely with all functions throughout Matterport to develop and execute growth plans and strategies and ensure that the voice of the customer is represented in everything we do
✓ Partner with sales leadership, cross-functional teams, and managers to develop and execute strategies that create successful customers and increase sales
✓ Actively engage in driving account strategy and then executing that strategy for select accounts
✓ Establish, track, and measure customer success/support effectiveness and performance
✓ Recruit, build, and lead high performing, collaborative, empowered customer success and customer support teams
✓ Drive the strategy and alignment of customer success/support and transformational impact through adoption of market-leading solutions that accelerate value for our customers
✓ Focus on customer intimacy to deliver business impact and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding our customers’ key business issues and opportunities
✓ Create external advocacy by listening to customers closely and bringing the voice of the customer into discussions related to our user experience, products and services
✓ Develop models and dashboards to share with teams and leadership to assist in understanding our customer feedback
✓ Build and nurture C-level relationships across enterprise accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while penetrating the accounts deeper
✓ Create a consistent and valued customer experience developing and scaling repeatable methodologies and proven best practices
✓ Work closely with the Sales organization to develop and execute growth plans and strategies to drive license agreements
✓ Establish relationships with leadership across Sales, Product, Design, Engineering, Finance and Marketing.
Manage and achieve key business metrics including bookings, revenue, NPS, CSAT, utilization, and expenses
✓ Be an inspirational leader and create a vibrant, inclusive culture that inspires people to do their best work.
✓ Operationalize key national/global programs as well to ensure the team can scale to meet the needs of our customers and do more with less over time.

Qualifications

✓ 8 - 10+ years of experience in managing a customer-facing organization, preferably a high-growth organization delivering software based business solutions to large and small enterprises
✓ Bachelor's degree in a related field.
✓ Master’s degree a plus.
✓ Ideal candidate will have pre and post sales experience
✓ Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
✓ Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
✓ Analytical and process-oriented mindset
✓ Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
✓ Enthusiastic and creative leadership style with the ability to inspire others
✓ Proven ability to motivate and focus teams
✓ Can thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
✓ Excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
✓ High EQ and ability to lead with positive influence.
✓ Ability to build an operating model with tools, processes and people to drive a scaled model for customer success.
✓ Detailed understanding of best practices for enterprise CRM and Customer Support systems (Zendesk, Intercom, etc.) and experience with complex CRM and IT deployments
✓ Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment, and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
✓ Passion for technology and innovation
✓ Excellent communication and presentation skills
✓ Analytical and negotiation skills, particularly at executive levels
✓ Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications

Matterport is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply for this Job
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
User Happiness ~ this was in Sunnyvale at their facility just After Inman Connect in Vegas w/Jonathan & Dee

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A related WGAN Forum discussion:

Prediction: Matterport to End Classic Pricing by 31 December 2020

Does changing the Matterport Classic plan to prevent transfers into the account ... count for this prediction?

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@DanSmigrod

Effectively, yes.

Great that we were lied to on this forum than by none other than their CEO.

KF
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

I can't read those tea leafs ~ If they rock the boat too hard their whole house of cards could come tumbling down. Then CoStar or Zillow might just come in and buy whatever bits they they find valuable
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Chemistrydoc

a good # of those folks are no longer with Matterport
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Doesn’t excuse commitments made by prior administrations. The change doesn’t bother me nearly as much as the sneaky, underhanded way that it was carried out. Unethical and unprincipled.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN-TV
Training U
Perth AUS
schaferu private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

IMO, yes. They didn't say: "We allow you to keep the old account, but will make it kind of unusable over time at our discretion".

At a minimum, a years notice would be expected for ANYTHING to change to the detriment.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have a classic hosting and a basic new hosting plan for 5 live tours and have never been able to transfer back to the classic plan once I had transferred and archived them in the new plan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dshowcaseuk

I am confused about "basic new hosting plan for 5 live tours. Is that the Matterport Starter plan listed here?

If so, I recall that you would have needed a Professional (or higher) Matterport Cloud account to transfer models to a Matterport Classic plan.

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A WGAN Member - a large client of Matterport - writes:

No notice, No response. I wish I understood why they want to blow up the eco system they created

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
It was working yesterday morning..... so they must have thrown the switch after 8am CST.

I transferred a scan to a client who I am confident is on a classic plan. Hardly the only client with this business model either.

Where's that popcorn when a good show comes on.....
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

From another WGAN Member ...

Dan

---

Yeah pretty annoying – can’t say that I’m surprised – with VC money the time always comes when goodwill/promises are overridden by pressure to make money.

I think it is partly a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing. I’m reminded of the aphorism "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity". Hard to say though.

Anyway, this specific change isn’t going to be a huge deal but I don’t like what it signals in terms of MP’s attitude.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Axis360Media private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport complied with the business opportunity sales laws of 21 states, this would not be remotely possible. This is the essence of why I am suing them. To build a business using third party tools there needs to be a set of rules.

By the way this is bigger than you think. On any NEW plan you can’t really have a bunch of clients with long term hosting AND BE COMPETITIVE. What’s next? Only one account can be owned by an individual?
Post 28 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
What such a bad move from them. I'm really not sure that will bring much profit if they lose customers for those who will prefer to find an alternative to Matterport.
On my side very uncertain will continue to use it.

What is the best solution to export tours (at least few of my long term hosted tours) to outside matterport to continue to use them without paying monthly fee ? what plateform
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@joelE

I elevated your question to its own WGAN Forum discussion:

How to export (Many) Matterport Tours and Host Them on Other Platforms

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101436 56 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?