Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360bugZillowZillow 3D Home

Zillow 3D Home ~ Capture Issues13643

WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Since one of the last iOS updates there has been some issues with file transfer of the Panos from time to time. There is a work around of sorts. I have found deleting the unsuccessful pano then quitting the Zillow 3D home tour app and relaunching then recapturing the last pano seems to work to power through a home. I dug through my old equipment drawer I tried the Android variant of the Zillow 3D home tour app. With the Android version image transfer was really slow which I could probably tolerate however, the exposure was really dark on some of the Panos so, I would not even try this on a paying job as you cannot edit the Zillow imagery (similar to Matterport)

If you encounter similar issues please submit the issue prior to finishing the tour through the "Request help" in the setting section of the Zillow 3D home tour settings tab

This video shows the issue:
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch

Thank you for sharing the Zillow 3D Home capture challenge and the workaround for the WGAN Community.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Back out there again today with a FSBO (for sale by owner) this afternoon
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I tried telling Zillow about this about 6 months ago. They had no clue and had no feedback at the time. Got to the point where I bought another Z1 thinking I had a wore out camera. But the errors were so random that the new camera didn't change anything. Some days only one or 2 shots would need to be underexposed. When it got to 3-5 shots, I got the error numbers back down by running back to the camera faster during the file transfer and aiming the camera to equal out the light in the room a little rather than aim for the scenes and straighten in post. We're pretty helpless at the moment. Don't scratch the head too hard on this one. It's not you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV

It's not just the Z1 ~ the second time I hit this I tried my other Z1, my V, & SC2 all with the same issue.

This last update helped a little ~ but, anytime I encounter this I document it and submit a ticket
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I know it's not the Z1. My V had me fooled with no issues when I would test it. My new hurdle appears to be a lock up of the image not even transferring to the Ipad now. Before we would just get the underexposed image transferred. Annoying situation to be in with questionable wind speeds and watching your camera battery drop 10% working on a single shot.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV

when the image hangs on transfer. X out of that screen delete the incomplete image quit the app and relaunch and re-shoot that last room ~ It's not elegant but this has gotten me through my 5 Zillow tours. Sometimes you'll get a run of images & sometimes unfortunately, it is a quit every image
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
That's what ends up eating my battery. The freeze ups prior. The hang up and clicking in the camera during transfers. And the time between resetting the camera and app and sometimes the Ipad.

Thanks for sharing that you haven't seen a pattern either. That seems be all 3DSupport cares about getting feedback on. So frustrating sending off tickets to them and they treat you like a child who never operated their software before.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
An update is in the works ~ I am working on possibly becoming a beta tester for pre-releases moving forwards

Post 9 IP   flag post
101717 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?