Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvicebugMatterportMuseums

Mattertag question re: embedded video not showing up uniformly13604

picture_this private msg quote post Address this user
Hello -

I'm looking for some input on a situation that just came up this week. I have a Matterport tour with one Mattertag featuring a short video clip of color-changing lights changing colors. (It's on the kitchen peninsula counter to the left of the sink.) It shows up fine in tours that are contained within the listing, like THIS one, but when it's posted as a standalone link like this:

it only shows the Mattertag title. I've tried multiple browsers and both desktop + mobile platforms with the same result. Any ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
castaway private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there.

It's because of the URL suffix MLS=1 in the standalone link.

Change that to MLS=0 and you'll see it the way it is in the compass deal

* The MLS flag is so you can turn off links, property address, embedded videos and such for MLS use, so they won't get up in arms.

Hope that helps

*Pretty cool model and video!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Got it - appreciate the clarification and yes, that fixes the issue as a stand-alone link.

The challenge is that if the MLS requires an MLS-compatible (non-branded / non-linking) version, is there any way to ensure that the multimedia mattertags are active? Both of those spaces are generated from the same MLS-compliant link which I provided the listing agent. You can see in the Zillow version it just pops the direct link up in a new window with the MLS=1 suffix.

Thanks again!
Post 3 IP   flag post
One other note on this space - I got into a little bit of a jam in the master bathroom. There were mirrors on all 4 walls and even with marking them correctly in the capture app, the Pro2 3D scan was unable to lock into alignment. I didn't have my 360° camera with me - my "solve" was to do a 360 scan with the ipad (as you can see from that scan point) so that I wouldn't orphan the last remaining scan in the doorway to the WC. I presented 2 options to the listing agent - this one and another version in which I deleted both master bath scan positions and just stopped at the doorway. Evidently he didn't mind seeing me in the mirror, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to handle this type of situation in the future I'd appreciate it. (Other than always have a back-up camera!) One other thing this also forced was using a non-Matterport vendor for the floor plan, since the integration of even one non-3D scan eliminates that possibility.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I do not know what mls parameter is for but you do not need to set it to 0, just remove it from url and it will work

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=wHoWB2dVod1

Post 5 IP   flag post
castaway private msg quote post Address this user
Others will feel differently and not want to spend the time on any extra scans, and that's fine, but I don't bother with regular height scans in a mirrored bathroom, or any tricky mirrored area. Not at first.

At first I'd lower the tripod all the way, all the way down as far as it will go and, overlapping several full height scans with low, lowest scans on the way into the funhouse of mirrors? all around the bathroom, in the shower/tub, closets that may connect. scan into the likely-offending area with low, low scans to get alignment that the regular height scans can jive with after. Scanning as low as your tripod will go? Most of the time you can align some to the floor, the cabinets, the other low scans, the full height scans outside the area, which you overlapped with low, low scans leading in.

Slow and thorough as best practices can end up quicker and better, in the end: no "oh shoot", no having to go to a third party for floorplans, etc., you also get the fuller 3D Mesh that all those low, low scans you hid in Workshop (not deleted) contributed.

Then, presuming that goes well- and it usually does - back up, raise the tripod back up and do full height scans through space you've prepared with low, low scans.

The thing is it's easy to get confused by the low, low scans and think "oh, I've got scans there"(that you can use) when you don't. So don't make that mistake. When in doubt? scan all about You can hide all the low, low scans in Workshop, which is super easy because you've done them all together in the tricky area.

Remember that you have to have enough full height scans to navigate.

It'll help in those places
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?