Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingPricingReal Estate Photographer ProVideo

Video: Why this MSP charges $135 for 25 photos & posts this on his website13601

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Real Estate Media Services and Pricing-#1593-A Detailed Look To Photo Packages with Norman & Young MSP/Real Estate Photographer Pro Founder Eli Jones

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1593, above) Real Estate Photographer Pro Course Creator Eli Jones - Matterport Service Provider (Ft. Worth, Texas based-Norman & Young) recommends charing a flat fee for X photos to simplify pricing for real estate agents.

Norman & Young charges $135 for 25 images and $155 for 36 images. No bundles. No discounts. Eli talks about why![/i]

Your thoughts?

Related

1. Entire WGAN-TV Live at 5 interview with Eli Jones: How to Price Matterport, Photos, Video and Drone
2. Real Estate Photographer Pro Course by Eli Jones
3. Free Webinar (pre-recorded): How to Get Started as a Real Estate Photographer by Eli Jones

Happy holidays,

Dan

---

Transcript (video above)

- I'm I charging by the hour, I'm I charging by the square foot, I'm I charging by the number of pictures? Is there yet some other way to charge for my service as a photographer?

- I guess one thing I will say is that, one of the things that I think has made us successful, and this will make sense kind of when I talk about pricing, is, we keep things, very simple. People, as a whole, not just Realtors; anybody likes things simple.

They like knowing what they're going to pay for, they don't like being surprised by fees and everything like that, they don't like complicated pricing structures.

And that's one thing I've always known just as a person. I don't like when I can't understand someone's pricing, or I go to their website and there is no pricing.

Immediately like I'm out. So, the first thing you have to do, this is something, it's one of those things like, you're not going to do this well without posting your pricing on your website. So, don't think you're going to have someone call, and it's going to.

They don't see your pricing, they're more likely to call. Not true. First thing, whatever pricing structure you decide, and we'll talk about those in a second, absolutely, have your pricing posted on your website. It's not the same for weddings, or any other type of photography.

For real estate, you have to post your pricing. So, you get to that point and you're like, "Great, I'm going to post my pricing." But then, and I always encourage people to do this. They start looking at their competition to determine what a market rate is.

They see that, competitor "A" charges by the square foot, and competitor "B" has these weird list price thing, where it's at it's $500,000 house, I get this much, and they do that.

And so, they start going, "Okay, how should I price my services?" Well, I am a huge fan of simple flat rate pricing. And so, what we do at my company specifically, on the photo side, we'll talk about that first. But the pricing ideas that we have--

- This is Norman & Young. So, if they want to go to NormanandYoung.com, NormanandYoung.com, that's your website, yeah. And so, we post all of our pricing, and it's simple flat rates. We have a 25 photo package,

It's $135, 36 photo package, $155, and 50 photo package, $175. It does not matter how big the house is. It doesn't matter how expensive the house is, it doesn't matter how much lands the house on. And our agents really love that. And they've actually given us feedback saying they've loved it. Because a lot of other companies, by square footage, by list price, and they really never know what they're going to pay, gives them some anxiety.

And so, we like them to know if they want 36 photos, they're always going to pay $155. And I think that's so important is pricing that.

And people think, "Oh, I'm going to get ripped off. "they're going to have me shoot an 8,000 square foot house "and I'm only going to charge $155." A couple things on that.

The first thing is you're going to shoot an 8,000 square foot house for 150 bucks, and you're also going to shoot a 600 square foot apartment for 150 bucks. That evens itself out. It really does. But number two, at least with the way we shoot, it doesn't really take that much longer to shoot a massive place. We're delivering 36 photos, either way.

There's a little bit more walking between photos, but ultimately we spend about 45 minutes on site regardless. And so, that's why I'm a big fan of that. It works better for our clients, and for us, it works out to be great as well.

Post 1 IP   flag post
botticelli private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been doing flat rate pricing per service since I started and it definitely works. It’s time and the smaller places sometimes take more work to make it look good
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, you solved one problem and created another one.

This is an honest question for Eli-

When Chucky Cheapskate (under)orders 25 photos for a 5000SF, million dollar waterfront pool home and then wants to know why you didn't shoot 2 angles of the master bedroom... how do you handle it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
101421 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?