Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBusiness PlanIndustryScans

What happens to models if I cancel account?1360

ianatcatoimages private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased a MatterPort Camera a couple months ago and have begun generating some business. I am worried though that if I decide to move on to other things in the future I will have to deal with recurring monthly charges to host some event spaces that I have scanned.

I'm in a little bit of a tight spot because I didn't bring up hosting when I sold the package to the event spaces and now don't know how to approach that conversation.

Is there a way to keep the models hosted even after I have sold my camera and my canceled my subscription?
Post 1 IP   flag post
pmjacoby private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure you'd have to find another service provider to host the models and either you or your client would have to pay for continued hosting. I don't know if MatterPort can move the models to a different account. If they can't, you'd have to re-upload from your iPad using the other provider's account info.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport can move your jobs to a different account but they would first have to establish the account with MP and continue to pay for the hosting. If any time they stop paying the monthly fee then the showcases would go dark.
Post 3 IP   flag post
justlist3D private msg quote post Address this user
Make sure you have your customers sign a terms of use and that they understand the models are only hosted for XXX length of time so you don't get yourself in a jamb.
Post 4 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone have a customers terms of use agreement sample to share?

Also, I'm assuming some of you have your own website so do you have disclaimers? I want to ensure that I have covered every legal aspect to this business.

Thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I started using the system for real estate only. No problem, that's the business model Matterport envisioned. But then I got into a situation that would have me doing scans for a rental management company that handles vacation cabins in the mountains. They would want their models to be available forever, so it made sense to have them get their own account and add me as a collaborator. It has worked out very well.

For one-off clients like the event spaces, you would have to charge them an annual hosting fee. The problem is if you decide to walk away from using Matterport, but still have to maintain the availability of those models. If you don't have enough clients paying hosting fees, it could be very hard to support the monthly fee you pay to Matterport.

For one-off clients who want to keep their models forever, you would need some very specific language that goes into hosting fees and an escape clause that allows you to terminate the agreement at will, refunding to them the unused portion of the current year's hosting fee. If you *don't* have an escape clause, you're going to have some trouble if you walk away.
Post 6 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnBecker, I am just getting started, but find myself in the same situation as you, with clients who have rental properties.

In your post you said, "They would want their models to be available forever, so it made sense to have them get their own account and add me as a collaborator. It has worked out very well."

In this support article Matterport says, as an answer to the question "Does Matterport Offer Hosting-Only Accounts?"

Not currently. At present, for a model to be viewable, it must reside in an active customer account (Basic, Professional, or Business). We may add a lower-priced, hosting-only plan that can house a small number of models, sometime in the future. If you are an end-user and wish to keep your model online, we recommend contacting the person that created your Matterport model, and negotiating to keep the model accessible as long as desired.

From this I assumed that accounts are only available to customers who have also purchased cameras, but it sounds like you have found this is not true--could you elaborate?

Thanks for your comments, they have been very helpful.
Post 7 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I approached Matterport sales with my situation and suggested the scenario I described to you. They were all for it. Look at it from their perspective - they're guaranteed several hundred dollars a month (in subscription and processing fees). Sure, they'd like to sell a camera, but they're not going to turn down that kind of money coming in every month for the foreseeable future.
Post 8 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnBecker,thanks, you've helped me solve a major problem.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?