Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Coming SoonMLSPocket ListingReal Estate Agents

Thoughts on Virtual Tours for MLS "Coming Soon" before "Formally Listed"?13543

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Moving this discussed here from a related WGAN Forum discussion here.

Best,

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dave3d
Also on the listings side.....

One other change I've heard lately (agents can confirm) is in some areas MLS is allowing the category "coming soon" to show properties before they are "formally listed". This might provide a very short window of opportunity for getting a tour approved. (I think about a week). As I understand it, when using coming soon, only agents can see the property - not the world at large. I don't think this counts against time on market in the listing's history. If you do tours and are an agent (or know one) is this a "short time to close" chance to sell your services?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Dataventurer
I am a real estate agent in Northern California. Yes, there is a "Coming Soon" category on our local MLS where agents can post a property before it is Active. It is not accessible unless you are a member of the local MLS (and paying the due$). This is so all agents in the area have an opportunity to work on finding a Buyer even before the property is active.

There are also provisions for an agent within a brokerage firm to announce a listing only to other agents within their brokerage. This kind of listing, called a "pocket listing", does not show up on the MLS.

The length of time that a property can be on the Coming Soon is usually longer than a week. Sometimes a property is put on the Coming Soon list, the upgrades and repairs take more than a month, and the Coming Soon status is renewed.

In the case where you are a media provider and not an agent, I would suggest finding an agent from whom you could obtain a weekly list of the Coming Soons. This is a core target market for media services and worth working to find a way to get visibility into the upcoming property listings.

Disclaimer: I am a fairly new agent (less than a year). There are many MLS associations across our great country. They may have different ways of handling upcoming property listings.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend checking with your local MLS(s) as these rules do vary quite a bit from MLS to MLS
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We also have "Coming Soon". The agent put there sign in the yard with coming soon on it. The realtors put one exterior front image (Usually made with cell phone) in MLS. Many, not few, but many houses are being sold this way. If it does not sell during this period, then photos and tours are scheduled. I have had many properties scheduled only to have the order cancelled because the property has one or more offers. This is not what it was set up to do but has evolved to this.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have shot a handful of Zillow 3D home tours prior to a listing going live for 1 agent and a small team.

One of the handful was actually bought by the agent & the others eventually went into the MLS

With this handful of listings they were all convenient for me to shoot in between jobs and were quick in & out jobs that I did for $150 (typically my minimum to show up is $300)

The small team I have a small stock in so, we often will shoot one of these 360 tours at the listing appointment simply to document the property to get a leg up on starting paperwork and getting a shot list lined out
Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?