Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ApilTagsCapture AppCrashingLargeUrgent

Help! Urgent: Matterport Capture App Keep Crashing Ipad Pro 2020 11”13526

Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone else having the same issue?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
IMAGEXD private msg quote post Address this user
What scan # was the first issue?
What camera are you using?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@IMAGEXD #216 Pro second generation
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
so basically after 100-150 scans ... you should exit app...(swipe up to completely close app) then re-open. What happens is the app will update the Map. You will see the Loading Bar complete and then if it stops in the middle, that is the point it is catching up on the map updating. The cache builds on the app and from my experience this is a bug that crashes app. Sometimes you will reopen or restart and your last position will be deleted and then the next scan # may be 20 #'s back. Don't worry what will happen is the map will update the numbers latter on in the scan or when it processes. Again depending on how much free memory your running (depending on how many jobs are on your ipad) just exit and start app again every 50 scans ... I usually do every 25 scans when going over 500 and when going over 1,000 every 20. Updating the map is crucial. Cause if you do not you may loose many positions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@IMAGEXD Thanks never heard of it, I'll try that
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
You are very welcome ! Good Luck !
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@IMAGEXD Do you restart the camera as well?

Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Orlando, Florida
No Need to restart camera. Just close out app and swipe up to close the app on the ipad. Then restart app from start.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@IMAGEXD great thanks again
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@tresdepro and @IMAGEXD, this was helpful. I also have the 11" iPad Pro 2020. I purchased it because I wanted another level of stability. The other day I was shooting a 7,600 sq ft space and I got to the largest room where suddenly I kept getting a message that there wasn't enough data to connect. I think it was a couple of things. Perhaps I needed April tags but I thought there was enough diversity in the space.

Anyway, I went back to the entryway, anywhere I thought the app would recognize. I rebooted, quit the app. Finally, when I saw that no new scans were registering and the same scan (like, 84 or something) was still highlighted. I deleted THAT scan and all started working again. One of those things I "should have known" but was new to me. The frustrating part was, the building administrator was looming because of "security" purposes and I was getting somewhat openly frustrated. Things were going really smoothly and I was ahead of schedule.

So, I learned that to simply delete the last scan in this case was all that was needed. Just in case anyone else didn't know this. Thanks for your post @tresdepro.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@toddwaddington
I also bought the iPad pro for the same reason, is so frustrating to see crash after crash...
Thanks for sharing your experience

Wish me luck
Post 11 IP   flag post
101704 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?