Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGoProMAXGSViSTAR Pulsar

Blue Line Street View walking captures NCTech Pulsar, GoProMax & LabPano EE13502

SiteTour360 private msg quote post Address this user
For anyone that is curious about comparing Blue Line results with NCTech iStar Pulsar, GoPro Max & LabPano EE....I recently did the walking trails of a local park (Ocala Wetland Recharge Park). All published to SV as Blue Line fine. Lighting conditions were not ideal as it was later in the day.
Here are 3 links:
iStar Pulsar (3 meter spacing to VR.World to GSV) - https://goo.gl/maps/5hXgHhyj7UqSn92v5
GoProMax (30 FPS video to MP4 to GoThru to GSV) - https://goo.gl/maps/fbtpXG2LdQ1u7Atg8
LabPano EE (2fps to GSV)- https://goo.gl/maps/kqbR6tzmUnxwzH9T7
By far, the easiest workflow was Labpano EE.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SiteTour360

Thank you for sharing this comparison with the WGAN Community.

Leveling is much, much, much better in your Pilot One EE testing (above) than my test shot on walking paths.

Is this because you your pole was straight up (looking at the shadows) and mine wasn't (and I figured that Google Street View would straighten)?

Could it have anything to do with FPS? Yours was 2 FPS and mine was 6 FPS.

Your paths were flat and on pavement: mine were up and down hills without pavement.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
I never count on Google to level anything...always shoot as level as possible. Increased frame rate should not cause images to blur....got to be something else I would think.
Post 3 IP   flag post
uk_man private msg quote post Address this user
@SiteTour360
Have you done anymore GSV blue lines with the pilot One EE, could you post a link to them please.
Thank You
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@uk_man

My first project: most problems are user error (me)!

How to Create Google Street View Blue-Line Map Updates with a Pilot One EE

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Google Street View Blue Lines shot by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

@uk_man

I shot the "blue-lines" added to this business's parking lot (and a little bit inside) with a Pilot One (and retouched the images such as adding blue sky).

I did not shoot it originally as Pilot One Google Street View video mode because the external GPS unit could not see the satellites.

I now shoot with the Labpano Pilot One EE (previous post).

I have not had a chance to shoot GSV again.

Dan

P.S. Heading out for the day. If you write back, I will likely be slow to reply.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@uk_man - I have some more...will post later today. Have only had the camera a couple of weeks but really liking it so far....easy workflow and image quality is good/passable for some uses.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101600 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?