Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FireFloodInsuranceLightingLitraLitra 360 Mount BundleLitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting KitRestorationWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 (Litra)13493

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit In Use | Video courtesy of Litra YouTube Channel | 3 November 2020

Image 1 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 2 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 3 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 4 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

Image 5 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 Camera with the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit

Hi All,

Do you struggle doing Matterport scans in spaces with no subpar or no lighting such as:

1. real estate listings
2. fire/flood damaged homes and businesses for insurance documentation
3. Restoration
3. "As-Builts"
4. Construction Sites
5. Locations without windows
6. Basements
7. Crawl spaces
8. Tunnels
9. Caves
10 Mines
11. Other spaces ....

Simsbury, CT-based Matterport Service Provider Tony Healy with Capture, LLC did struggle with Matterport scans that needed additional light - until he helped pioneer a solution that Litra now sells: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit

Tony @Capture will be my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 12 November 2020:

How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 Camera

"The LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit is a professional solution as it has a lot more than simple add on and pointing light," Tony emailed me in prep for this live WGAN-TV show. "It's well thought out to really tackle insurance and restoration but can be simplified to meet the needs of someone just needing light, too. With the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit, you can easily create consistent, predictable lighting for your Matterport Pro2 Camera."

Among the questions that I will ask Tony:

1. What lighting problems did you experience as a Matterport Service Provider that motivated you to help pioneer what is now known as the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit?
2. Show us Matterport scans before and after adding LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit
3. What's included in the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit? [I will do an unboxing of the kit.]
4. Show how to mount the Litra lighting to a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (What is a 3M Dual Lock mounting tape?)
5. Show how to use the built-in levelers
6. Why did you focus on a lighting solution that uses Litra lighting?
7. Why did you decide to work with Litra to manufacture and sell the kit?
8. Tell us more about the LitraTorch 2.0 lighting (lighting wide/tall enough for Matterport?)
9. How long will the LitraTorch 2.0 lighting last on a charge? (How to charge?) (External power?)
10. Can/Should the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit be used during everyday scans?
11. What kind of Matterport scans are the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit a must have
12. What kind of Matterport scans are the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit nice to have
13. What about Litra filters?
14. How important are these lights for Building Information Management (BIM) projects (and why)?
15. Water proof?
16. How does the weight of the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit affect the Matterport Pro2 Camera?
17. Pricing for LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit
18. Special Offer for WGAN Forum Members for the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit

What other questions should I ask Tony?

Special Offer for WGAN Forum Members

Save 20 percent – and free shipping over $50 in USA –  now through 30 November 2020 on:

LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit
Litra 360 Mount Bundle

WGAN Forum Members | Use Litra Coupon Code: CYBERNOV

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab from Litra Landing Page for WGAN Forum Members
Image 6 - Litra 360 Mount Bundle
Post 1 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

This looks amazing. You might have just cost me some more money. LOL

The only caution I would say on the Z1 or any of the other 1 shot cameras is that it might need to be mounted lower on the mono pod / tripod / (or my favorite) Mic Stand. So it doesn't create a large nadir blob.

I can even see a great use for this on stills and I have been thinking for sometime about mounting an LED light on my tripod or on my hot shoe just to bring up the light level in the home to help in the HDR capture.

Chuck
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PickChuck

Yea. And WGAN saves you 20 percent on the Litra lighting with the WGAN Forum code above.

Great point on the lights positioning for Ricoh Theata Z1.

I will ask Tony about that on the show.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Basic
Virginia Beach, Virginia
carloscardo private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

Interesting, I have thought about using velcro to attach light strips around the camera similar to the "ringlight" to compensate for what I believe will be shadows on the bottom of the camera; but then I thought how is Matterport going to compensate for the shadows that are creating in different locations as the camera is moved (and rotation, I would believe would cause a shadow shift)from spot to spot (the shadows will be different as well), and also when doing a shot in a room with mirrors and/or reflective surfaces. Are there examples I missed? I would like to see a matterport tour with these lights so that I can see how a ceiling fan shadow is presented as I go from location to location and if the reflections from reflective surfaces are distracting.

Curiosity? I'm curious, maybe it didn't kill the cat?
Post 4 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

What might work is a 5 way clamp with 1/4 20 threads that would go around the monopod and be down say 15 or so inches.

I could do a view from my Z1 and slide something down until is gets small enough not to be in the photo. I certainly can see these attached to the tripod legs for stills. Maybe leading with two legs and having one on each.

Chuck
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@carloscardo

Points note. I will plan to ask Tony @Capture about this on the show.

In the mean time, perhaps Tony @Capture can post some Matterport tour examples here - before and and after - that includes mirrors/reflective/ceiling fan surfaces.

@PickChuck

I will ask Tony @Capture on the show if he knows how far the ring of rings needs to go down the tripod so they they are not visible in the shot (or reasonable size nadir patch).

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Simsbury, Connecticut
Capture private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @carloscardo
Dan,

Interesting, I have thought about using velcro to attach light strips around the camera similar to the "ringlight" to compensate for what I believe will be shadows on the bottom of the camera; but then I thought how is Matterport going to compensate for the shadows that are creating in different locations as the camera is moved (and rotation, I would believe would cause a shadow shift)from spot to spot (the shadows will be different as well), and also when doing a shot in a room with mirrors and/or reflective surfaces. Are there examples I missed? I would like to see a matterport tour with these lights so that I can see how a ceiling fan shadow is presented as I go from location to location and if the reflections from reflective surfaces are distracting.

Curiosity? I'm curious, maybe it didn't kill the cat?

We'll show Pro 2 Examples on Thursday's WGAN-TV Live at 5. These are meant to add light where there may be no, low or insufficient light and will create a shadow off a ceiling fan as any light might. Looking forward to discussing. Thank you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@carloscardo

What kind of spaces do you want to add lights?

@Capture

Looking forward to seeing the examples that you share on WGAN-TV Live at 5 this Thursday, 12 November 2020.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Basic
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Dan,

My concern is that as I make a video of the matterport tour on a cloudy day with few windows it can turn out a little grainy; but if I utilize lights and make the same video I imagine it will look like I am giving a tour of a house with a really soft flashlight. Perhaps the light difference of the top and bottom of the walls can be evened out with software; but the shadows (cast by light fixtures, cabinets, any item not flat against the wall) would be moving which I imagine could be distracting. I am not sure if the Matterport software system can mitigate that. Hmm... maybe it can. That is why I am looking forward to a demo. I do think it will be terrific for 360 shots.

Carlos
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@carloscardo

Thank you for the additional backstory.

I will ask Tony @Capture on WGAN-TV Live at 5 about adding lighting for everyday Matterport scans. Hopefully, he will have a before and after to share to help illustrate this ...

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PickChuck
@carloscardo

Questions that I should ask Tony @Capture on WGAN-TV Live at 5 this Thursday, 12 November 2020?

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Image 1 - LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit mounted to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

---

Hi All,

Tony @Capture sent me a LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit.

I will unbox during the show on WGAN-TV Live at 5 this Thursday, 12 November 2020.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Text Me Just Before WGAN-TV goes Live! [USA and Canada]

Reminder: This WGAN-TV Live at 5 show is today, Thursday, 12 November 2020.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Tony @Capture writes me about his plan for a before and after demo of LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit. (That's new since the original post above.)

"I have a fire damaged house to take people thru that we made a copy of and turned the lights off in the top floor to show the difference. It also shows the quality of the light."

That's 5 pm ET today on WGAN-TV Live at 5.

Reminder: This WGAN-TV Live at 5 show is today, Thursday, 12 November 2020.

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to (Easily) Add Lights to Matterport Pro2 Camera

Free Reminder: Text Me Just Before WGAN-TV goes Live!

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Free Reminder: Text Me Just Before WGAN-TV goes Live!
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
84-WGAN-TV How to (Easily) Add LitraTorch 20 Lighting to a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera | Simsbury, CT-based Matterport Service Provider Tony Healy (@Capture) with Capture, LLC did struggle with Matterport scans that needed additional light - until he helped pioneer a solution that Litra now sells: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit | Thursday, 12 November 2020

Hi All,

Struggling with sub-par or no lighting; or just want consistent, predictable lighting scanning with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera?

Then, this is a great WGAN-TV show to watch (above): How to (Easily) Add LitraTorch 20 Lighting to a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera. My guest was Simsbury, CT-based Matterport Service Provider Tony Healy (@Capture) with Capture, LLC did struggle with Matterport scans that needed additional light - until he helped pioneer a solution that Litra now sells: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit

Thanks to Tony @Capture for being my guest on today's show.

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
Basic
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Dan and Tony,

Great presentation, looks great. I was wondering about the flow of a walkthrough, Does Tony have any 3D VR Tours where you can click the play button and see how that flows with the lights?

Carlos Cardo
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@carloscardo

Thanks for your kind note.

I will defer to Tony @Capture about your example question.

(I know that Tony plans to post some before and after examples to the WGAN Forum: likely next week.)

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101429 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?