Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,048 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360MatterportPricingReal EstateScanning

Does anybody here charge for Matterport by the room, rather than footage?13459

peanutismint private msg quote post Address this user
Just starting out offering virtual tours and wondering whether it might be off-putting to real estate agents to have a huge list of different prices for my services, for example I see some people saying "under 1000' - $X, 1000'-2000' - $Y...." etc.

Obviously you don't want to leave yourself open to getting ripped off by just charging the same flat fee for a 700' listing than for a 7,000' listing, butcould it make more sense to charge by the ROOM, like '$50 per room' or something? And obviously you can decide if you want to count things like porches/en-suite bathrooms as 'rooms' or not....?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
What other services are you offering?

I shoot in tiers when it comes to Matterport tours

I am also really flexible with rescheduling with my agents
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have a minimum fee of $300 to show up regardless of the SqFt

But, I am in the sticks that happens to be a really hot market
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I charge by “feel” and knowledge about client and sales price. Like lilnitsch up there, 300’s about the minimum. Up from there. Some big houses scan faster than smaller depending on complexity, etc. so how do you account for that? Nobody’s complaining. (Maybe that means I’m not charging enough.) a competitor in DC once told me if you double your price you’ll lose half your clients. I never tried it though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
The average real estate commission is about $35,000 in 2020. So if an agent can't pony up 300 bucks at least, that's not my problem. I'm going to Target homeowners and tell them that I'll find an agent who will sell your house faster with a $1,500 virtual media package millennials and home buyers are begging for. Home sellers want aggressiveness. I plan on being that real estate agent as well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Keep pricing simple.
Whatever market, people like to know what they will pay in advance.
So you could have a price list based on a range of size.
Just for example 2000 - 3000sqft -$500
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the input. I guess I'm maybe under-selling myself, but I have no real idea how popular these tours are (and how much the going rate is). I'm a little concerned most realtors would be put off by complex pricing structures, though, so like if they need to know the square footage of the house they're selling in order to work out which tier of tour they'll need, will that be off-putting for them or do most realtors know things like the size of the property like the back of their hand??
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@peanutismint

A quick google search would show you what your competitors are doing. I live in North Idaho but, also cover Eastern Washington.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Tacoma,+WA+matterport+tours&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I shoot all my Matterport tours with the Pro2 cameras and use my Z1's for Zillow 3D home tours and occasionally filling in exterior spaces on some of my Matterport tours
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks, yeah I've googled all those guys and compiled a spreadsheet with all their services and prices. I plan to price myself competitively to start with, just hope I can compete in terms of skills/services. I don't have a drone license yet, and don't even have a DSLR (I sold mine when I moved from the UK last year!) but hopefully I can work out a way to make it work.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@peanutismint

You'll find that most agents are looking for a One Stop Shop so, you'll want to offer at least stills in addition to VR tours
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yeah I figured that. Looks like I have some buying to do!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Real Estate Media Services (including Matterport) and Pricing with Eli Jones. Eli is the Founder of Ft. Worth, TX-based Norman & Young photography agency (and Matterport Service Provider) and the Creator of Real Estate Photographer Pro course | Wednesday, 28 October 2020

@peanutismint

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Above is a must watch WGAN-TV show all about pricing real estate photography pricing; including Matterport tours, photo, video and drone photography.

It's a must watch show for you and others if ...

1. you are new to real estate photography
2. you are new to virtual tour photography
3. you are deciding your pricing strategy
4. you are deciding on your pricing
5. you are revisiting how you price your services
6. wondering what are best practices for pricing strategies and best practices for pricing
7. wondering how to simplify your service offering
8. wondering how to simplify your pricing

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Cheers Dan! I watched that on Friday night actually, it was very helpful, especially in deciding against doing lots of different 'packages'. That's primarily why I'm thinking about offering pricing 'by the room'; I figure it might make it easier than "$X for 1000-1999ft, $Y for 2000-2999ft" etc.

I only wish he had covered how to address billing clients for hosting of tours like with Matterport or other providers. It just seems like a massive headache waiting to happen to pay those costs yourself and then bill your clients, rather than having them sign up for their own accounts and then transferring the space to them. It seems like it should be very different procedures depending on whether you're shooting a 'one-off' client (like a school or museum) VS shooting a recurring client (like real estate with multiple listings per month).

Have any of your webinars covered that subject yet?
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@peanutismint

Thanks for watching. Glad that episode of WGAN-TV Live at 5 was helpful.

In the WGAN-TV Training Academy, I do 10+ hours discussing pricing; including recurring revenue.

Since you are just starting out, I recommend that you buy either Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont or Real Estate Photographer Pro course by Eli Jones (and get 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy at no charge). You will success faster. (The links in this paragraph include WGAN special savings for each course.)

That said, for residential real estate, simplify-simply-simplify. Include hosting for 6 or 12 months with an option of $X for each additional six months.

For ongoing clients, include 12 months hosting, support and maintenance with each additional 12 months hosting, support and maintenance at $x.

Example of Charging for Matterport Monthly Hosting, Support and Maintenance
Tip: Offer Hosting, Maintenance and Support Instead of Transferring Spaces

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR - How do you plan to target and reach homeowners directly?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@johnwheatley Sent you a PM with an APP I use to show you exactly who lives at almost any address. Direct mail or email from there.

Thanks for the video Dan Smigrod, even us in this for a while need fresh data.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@peanutismint There's a photographer in my old home town of Louisville and he charges a flat rate of $275 for interior/exterior and 3D tours. The 3D isn't matterport and is nowhere near as sharp. He also does HDR which is fine but I prefer flash ambient. Takes a bit more work but it's easier to remove color cast and I'm too cheap to pay a processor
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I spent 20 years as a digital marketing director for automotive dealerships, and a constant gripe for salespeople was that it seemed like car dealerships were always in a race to the bottom for pricing in their advertising.

The reality is you can have an "offer" and then you can have standard pricing.

And everybody came in on this special low price ads, but they wanted a vehicle different from the ad car.

That's when you had to go through the full process understanding the customer needs matching them to the right product and then presenting them with the offer, and closing the sale.

I believe this is why we must show why our service offers so much value compared to what you're paying.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101589 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?