Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Hosting FeesMatterportNewbiesScanning

Should I be paying to host my clients spaces or set up an account for them?13458

peanutismint private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been making 360º videos for years now but am just starting out making virtual tours with my Insta360 ONE X camera. I live in Tacoma, WA and I’ve already captured tours at an outdoor garden, video arcade and a bar (free of charge while I learn the trade).

Obviously these kind of clients only need one active space, unlike say real estate which might have multiple listings constantly rotating, but I’m having trouble figuring out pricing for my services, and more importantly whether I should be the one paying for hosting (and passing the cost on to my clients) or whether I’d be better off saving money by setting up single free accounts for each one of my 'single tour' clients.

I’m looking at Matterport, Cupix and Kuula, but for example, the Matterport ‘Starter’ plan is $10/month for 5 spaces. As soon as I capture my 6th venue, for example, I’d have to pony up to the ‘Professional’ plan at 7 times that price, and then even if I were to pass these costs on to my clients I’d still be seeing $70 a month go to Matterport.

I like the idea of residual income, but I’ve heard it’s the done thing to offer 6 months or even a year of free hosting for new clients, and even if you fold that ‘free’ into the cost of shooting their listing, does it really pay off for lifelong tour clients like venues, museums, galleries etc? Or is the MP pricing more profitable for recurring listings like real estate etc??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
What I offer is first 6 months free hosting and then I charge a monthly fee after that. I build this monthly fee once a year. so for example each virtual tour that needs to be hosted beyond 6 months is $5 a month and is build yearly at $60 a year. I usually do this in January so if somebody had 6 months that ran out in August they are just lucky to get the additional months for free. I would also suggest going after places that need these for long term such as rentals airbnb's hotels and other similar clients. This will help you offset the cost of matterports yearly hosting and still give you revenue. Right now I have roughly 90 virtual tours hosted long-term. $90x$60=$5400. That's a lot of free income every year.
Post 2 IP   flag post
That's a good amount of income, BUT, at that price you have to pay Matterport $300/month, right? Which comes to $3,600 a year, before tax.... So somehow it seems like they're getting a lot of those fees, and I'm the one who has to chase down clients for repeat payments when I could just be letting them pay Matterport directly....no?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
@peanutismint because of my longevity with matterport I am on a legacy plan. For me it's $100 a month for $200 models. I do pay an processing fee though per model which I make up on the original cost.to the client. You'll have to find a balance that is worth it to you and your client. Maybe would have to be $10 a month per client.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That's lucky for you, so maybe Matterport isn't the way to go for those of us who are new... Do clients really mind what name is on their tour as long as it gets the same features? Becuause I don't know how successful I'll be and I'd rather not be in the hole for $600 a month to some company not knowing whether I'll get enough $10/month clients to cover my hosting costs.....?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
Maybe you can find a legacy account to purchase from an exciting client. Or one to rent. I haven't used other VTs myself so I'm.not able to give you an answer on that. I know there are many out there and have better features. New ones are always coming out as well. Also remember you can buy multiple hosting accounts. Let's say you get $10 a tour per month. With 25 tours that's $250 a month and you pay $70. So still a large net profit.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Interesting, I didn't know buying legacy accounts was a thing. Is it legal/against Matterport ToS? Where would I look to buy such an account? Yeah I guess your math works out on that, and if I need to upgrade I can cross that bridge when I come to it. Other VT providers definitely are more advanced, and some do the stitching just like Matterport, but if MP is the industry standard then I might have to bite the bullet on this one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?