Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearMarketing

Matterport Essential Shopping List-17 Items1341

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my short list for getting started. Budget: $7,000

[Note: Why I recommend a different tripod -- and tripod head -- than Matterport.]

1. $4,500 | Matterport Pro 3D Camera
2. $ 499 | Matterport Basic Cloud Service Plan/$49 monthly
3. $ 240 | Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 4 Section Tripod
4. $ 50 | Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level
5. $ 778 | Apple iPad Air 128GB (Wi-Fi + Cellular 4G LTE
6. $ 79 | AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad
7. $ 60 | Native Union Gripster Wrap for iPad Air 2
8. $ 145 | Think Tank CityWalker 20 Messenger Bag, Black
9. $ 60 | UNU Ultrapak Tour 10000mAH Portable Charger
10. $ 27 | BESTEK 300W Power Car Inverter 12V DC->110V AC
11. $ 7 | Stanley 43-511 Torpedo Level
12. $ 10 | Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit
13. $ 40 | 4 Wedge-It - The Ultimate Door Stop (Black)
14. $ 22 | 4 Magic Sliders 80378 Rubber Door Stop (Clear)
15. $ 11 | Disposable Shoe Covers - 100-pack
16. $ 21 | Business and Legal Forms for Photographers
17. $ 11 | 3M Duct Tape 2929 Silver
============
--> $6,560 | Plus tax and shipping | Budget: $7,000

Plus, $999 the We Get Around Referral Network Esstential Launch Marketing Tool Kit for Matterport service providers.
Notes:

1. If you buy the Desmond DLEV-1 Leveler Level, you do not need the clamp that Matterport recommends
2. All the above are on my Matterport Gear and Accessories Shopping List.
3. The external battery is to charge your iPad as you capture spaces.
4. Engage a Pro for Quick Start (and shadow, including post production)

What else? What else is essential for getting started?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. Pricing above as of 25 February 2016 via Amazon (except for the Matterport Camera and Matterport Cloud Hosting)

Disclosure: We Get Around is an Amazon Associate. We receive a referral fee from Amazon.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice comprehensive list Dan. Great for those starting out
Post 2 IP   flag post
AdamplatinumHD private msg quote post Address this user
Great list.
Post 3 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
This list looks great - Thank you!

Would anyone have any recommendations on what level of insurance you should get for the equipment as well as general liability?

Has anyone had a good experience with any insurance providers they would highly recommend?

Thank you for the feedback
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'd take out the basic liability insurance in case you damage any property and go from there with the replacement costs/loss of income for your gear. Some insurance providers can add it on to your home insurance (especially if you have a home office insured) but this is something you would need to check on of course.
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
Another expense is Web design if you aren't into doing it yourself. If WordPress is the platform a plugin like the WP3D to display models will need to be purchased.
Post 6 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
I did find a portable power source with an AC outlet which could be of value to some.

Price point jumps a bit but they have a $15 off coupon they'll email you. I purchased the Medium and it came out to $108 with free shipping.

https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/

It will give you an AC outlet + two USB connections at 18,000 mHa. It does look a little larger than I'm comfortable with but I'm hoping the value outweighs the size.

They have drop down boxes on the right side for color and size of the power source. Small 12,000, Medium 18,000 and Large 27,000.

The video, a bit corny, but covers the product well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSTnXo5ZtQ
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @danmorell
This list looks great - Thank you!

Would anyone have any recommendations on what level of insurance you should get for the equipment as well as general liability?

Has anyone had a good experience with any insurance providers they would highly recommend?

Thank you for the feedback

Hello – it's me! The never-miss-an-opportunity-to-pitch – up to $15,000 of insurance for the Matterport Camera, Camera Gear and related gear such as laptops are included - free - in the We Get Around Referral Network Premium Member (pre-paid for 12 months). (See Insurance on this Benefits page) Pre-paid Standard Members have an option to pay $99 for this coverage. (We added this insurance coverage by bundling the Professional Photography Association Membership within our Standard and Premium Membership. This feature is so new, we have not had a chance to add it to the Join Here Compare Plans page. (It is on the benefits of Membership page.)

Since you would then be a Member of PPA too, here's their info on general Liability Insurance that is an optional extra.

We carry $2 million in general Liability Insurance and we list it as a benefit of engaging us.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101423 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?