Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdoramaAsteroomInsta360 One RPro2Versus

Asteroom versus Matterport: Buy Matterport Pro2 Camera?13405

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I noticed this WGAN new member's question in this WGAN Forum discussion:

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by @picture_this
Hello! I'm a new forum member that's been using both Asteroom (iPhone 11 Pro) and Matterport (Insta360 One R / beta) for virtual tour options. Considering an upgrade to the MC250 and certainly open to advice + suggestions!

@picture_this

Welcome and thank you for joining the WGAN Forum.

What problem do you solve if you buy a Matterport Pro2 Camera (instead of using either Asteroom (iPhone 11 Pro) or Matterport (Insta360 One R / beta)?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
picture_this private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan -

Thanks for checking in on this! It's based on two recent experiences with clients that have a previous affinity for the Matterport platform:

1: I presented a client the option of trying out Asteroom for the first time (with an introductory / promotional discount) for a new listing and sent him a few examples. He opted to stick with Matterport - I tried to nail down specific reasons and got this reply "Let's stick with Matterport because folks are familiar with it - the Asteroom images also look a little grainy. I really like the Matterport you sent before."

2: I had another client ask for a reshoot (with the Pro) based on a trial tour shot with the Insta360 One R - the comment was "the images are fuzzy and the colors look washed out" as compared to higher-res Pro scans.

I'm shooting a tour tomorrow (and if I have time I may shoot all three options just to have an apples-to-apples comparison of the exact same space. I imagine someone has already done that here on the boards but I haven't had a chance to search it out - let me know if you think it would be helpful.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@picture_this

Thank you for the backstory.

If your clients are asking for Matterport, but are not happy with the Insta360 One R shot versions, then, yes, it likely makes sense to buy a Matterport Pro2 camera.

Tip: How to Get 60 Days to Return a Purchase of a Matterport Pro2 Camera

Are you pricing Asteroom and Matterport the same (even though you can shoot Asteroom tour in a fraction of the time?)

@lilnitsch posted this:

Matterport Comparison: Pro1, Pro2, Ricoh Theta V/Z1, Insta360 One X

Plus, @lilnitsch posted the following in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Insta360 One R for Virtual Tour (8 Strengths + 4 Weaknesses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
I really wanted to like the One R when it was first announced ~ but, the from what I have seen of others Matterport tours on this camera it falls in line with the same quality of the Insta360 One X. Secondly, the Insta360's are not supported in the Zillow EcoSystem.

Since, I primarily shoot residential real estate. The Ricoh's are my go to with my Z1's being the daily work horses. With very little effort or editing the Ricoh's Auto HDR JPG's can be edited in Photoshop or Lightroom for a really good result.

Admittedly, I had really wanted the One R for the invisible drone but, once again the quality wasn't there ~ a lot of jellow

Does the above help?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan -

Appreciate the info. Great to see the direct comparisons. I think it might still be helpful to post an Asteroom iPhone 11 Pro / One R / MC250 link so if I end up having time to do all three tomorrow I'll follow up with those links.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@picture_this

Yes! That would be awesome to see a comparison of the same space shot with:

✓ Asteroom (iPhone 11 Pro)
✓ Matterport (Insta360 ONE R beta)

I am confused. Do you have a Matterport Pro1 or Pro2 Camera?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Apologies for the lack of clarity - I'm demoing a Pro2 this week.
Post 6 IP   flag post
FYI - I just posted the tour comparison on this thread.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?