Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BlogMattterportMSPs

Matterport>Momentum 360 Grows its Business to 30+ Locations with Matterport13387

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Blog (22 October 2020) Momentum 360 Grows its Business to 30+ Locations with Matterport

"An integral part of digital marketing agency Momentum Digital, Momentum 360 uses Matterport to create high fidelity 3D virtual tours for property marketing. Serving clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, Momentum 360 also offers virtual staging, along with traditional, drone and aerial photography and videography. The company has captured a variety of physical spaces, including real estate, retail spaces, restaurants and schools," says the Matterport Blog post.

"Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Momentum 360 has expanded to more than 30 locations across the United States with more than 150 photographers across three countries. Its core mission is to bring value to its customers by growing their digital presence with 3D tours coupled with digital marketing," says the Matterport Blog post.

I encourage you to read the entire Matterport blog post.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Excuse me if I ramble a bit.

We Get Around has a lot more than 150 photographers in a lot more than 3 countries.....

Thoughts?

We've been contacted by numerous Matterport photographer aggregators. Each has their own methodology and pricing structure. Most often the MSP does the capture and they do the rest. The MSP gets paid a low rate and has no desk time. They want a local data collector. Sometimes it's 360s only for certain space types. Sometimes it's full scans. Think lots of time on the road and no time in production or the business end of things.

Digital twinning isn't an easy business to learn to do well. No business is. But today's world offers your best shot at creating a business (if that's what you want to do.) If you can't sell or produce or deliver a quality product they may be your only option.

We have aggregators in the data presentation side too. Companies aggregating back end services and providing them to MSPs. They'll do tours, or photography, or music, or video recording, etc. All these companies have their ups and downs and the reasons to work with them vary based on the experience, tech and motivation of the MSP. No single company is the right fit for all MSPs. No single approach is the right fit for all MSPs. And in some cases individual MSPs will need a group of these companies to "fill in the holes" based on their assets. Dan, you provide a laundry list of companies, equipment, offerings, etc. for MSPs. Only through a lot of research, in field work, and product delivery, will MSPs truly understand offerings you've named that fit their individual needs.

Bottom line is there are 31.7 small businesses in the US, 4 to 6 million homes sold a year, 2 to 3 million rental properties, 87 billion ft2 of commercial space, 660,000 restaurants, etc. etc. etc. There are how many 3D photographers - even at the "IPhone only" level?

The number of photographers and approaches is irrelevant with today's numbers. The tricky part here is this is not "plug and play" work. Every device used for collection is created by applying a technology in the creation of the device - be it Lidar, photogrammetry, IR, etc. Because of that, and how it's applied in the device, each has has strengths, and each has weaknesses based on the limitations of collection for that science. Photogrammetry doesn't like shadow, IR sunlight, Lidar requires line of site, etc. Presentation methodology is as varied as the collection equipment.

We're in the "wild west" of device creation, capture technique, and image presentation.

Those with great desire, commitment, talent, and access to resources (including financial) will excel - just as in any other arena. Those who aren't as committed will be either active hobbyists using entry level tools, or move on to something else.

Succeeding in this type of business will require long term sales (post COVID)marketing and "proof in the pudding" on time delivery of quality products.

Pick your device, choose your presentation method, your marketing method, your back end services, price right, bill right, collect monies due, and study everything new released. This is tech! Pretty much in it's purest form. It'll change hourly. If you don't keep up with everything new you'll at the best be handicapped and at the worst made unable to compete at all.

In my opinion - if you don't want to think, market, grow, or learn - find the aggregator of your choice, and they'll probably let you use a Z1, and just do their collection work. If you're happy with that business model great. I think it'll last a while at least.

But if you are trying to be something more don't depend on aggregators as anything more than a crutch....

I'm not saying aggregators are bad. Some provide great products to a market they've defined and sold to. I just think of them more as employers for data collectors than anything else.

Now I need more coffee... Again sorry for rambling...
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@dave3d

I enjoyed your discussion about Matterport photographer aggregators and building a business where you can make more money than the aggregators pay. I can imagine if the aggregators are 10-15 percent of your business - and fill-up unsold time - then that likely makes "cents" ...

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101628 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?