Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlasts

Matterport Refines Tours & Boost Engagement1337

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Support announced 9 pm EST tonight (Wednesday, 24 February 2016) the following.

It's posted here for MUG Forum Member comments ....

----

Enhancements to help you create videos from your Spaces, refine your Tours, and boost engagement

Dear Matterport Customer,

Today, we released improvements to the Matterport 3D Showcase and Cloud.

Improvements to 3D Showcase

-- Enhanced video creation controls. You are now able to better control the 3D Showcase experience when creating video walk-throughs, by deactivating sweep icons, controlling transition and rotation speed, and modifying the opacity of the blue Tour path. To access these controls, press m, which opens the Capture Mode adjustment menu. Visit our support page for a complete list of keyboard shortcuts.

-- Looping Guided Tours. You are now able to make your Guided Tours loop to enhance engagement and keep visitors in your Spaces longer. You can make any Guided Tour loop by adding the [lp=1] query parameter to the embed code. Visit our support page for a complete list of url parameters available.

-- Hidden Scan Positions. Scan positions will now be automatically hidden while a Guided Tour is playing, offering your visitors a cleaner, more streamlined experience.

Improvements to the Matterport Cloud

--Default Hero Image.
The Hero Image of a Space will now default to an orthogonal view of the Dollhouse. This will eliminate the default black 3D Showcase screen that currently shows on loading, increasing engagement with your Spaces.
---- You are still able to set a custom Hero Image by setting a Start Position via Workshop, just as you do today.
In the list view of your Cloud account, Spaces will show the default Dollhouse thumbnail, instead of the placeholder graphic that previously existed, before you open Workshop to set a Start Position.

---- If no Start Position is set, the Start Position within 3D Showcase will still be randomized, as it is today.

Example of default dollhouse Hero Images in Cloud:

If you have any questions, please contact us at: https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us.

Thanks,

The Matterport Team
Copyright © 2015 Matterport Inc.
All rights reserved

140 S. Whisman Rd, Suite A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Corporate Office
+1 (650) 641-2241
Post 1 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan for relaying this--the list of URL parameters is especially useful!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I was pretty excited when I read about being able to tweak the Guided Tour, but when I tried it out I was disappointed. I was hoping to be able to tweak individual transitions in Guided Tours but the controls only allow you to change some parameters globally for a whole tour.

Still, I appreciate that they are giving us more control over more aspects of the 3D Showcases!
Post 3 IP   flag post
CharlesMcKenna private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, it appears that the new controls do not stay with the tour. The tweaks, as they have been referred to, are only for that viewing experience, I believe. Do you know otherwise?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@CharlesMcKenna

Slammed today. I haven't had a chance to play with the new features yet. Perhaps another MUG Forum Member can reply to your question ...

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
@CharlesMcKenna, think you are correct: the Capture Mode options (M shortcut key) seem to apply only to Showcase (the viewer) and not Workshop, where the uploaded scan is edited to create the Highlight reel and other permanent changes.

Since the Capture Mode options only apply to that particular viewing session, this didn't impress me as generally useful since each view would have to be re-configured, but I need to make a screen-capture video while I navigate through a model, and it will be nice to be able to tweak the details of the navigation behavior.
Post 6 IP   flag post
sshannon private msg quote post Address this user
I love the new "Default Hero Image" but I'm disappointed that once you set the Start Location, than that replaces the Hero image. I'd love to be able to keep the new dollhouse hero image as the thumbnail/loading image, and then have it zoom in and start with the start location that I've chosen. Surely they could add this as an option instead of forcing the start location to be random!! =(
Post 7 IP   flag post
101425 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?