Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugCapture AppScanningUpdating Map

MP Capture app "Updating Map" hanging13338

BrendanB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

Has anyone experienced an issue with "Updating Map" appearing in the MP Capture app and the map remains blank indefinitely during normal scanning operations (not copying scans between floors or anything like that).

I've got a colleague on site at the moment with this issue and can't complete the space. Using app version 4.0.2.

Any feedback or known workarounds would be very, very welcome!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Restart both devices
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks @tresdepro, have restarted the iPad a few times (but not the camera) with no success. Will try your suggestion.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
@BrendanB
Let us know how it goes

Good luck

Angelo
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hey @tresdepro,
Unfortunately we had to re-scan the space from the start. Just couldn't get the "updating map" problem to resolve itself. Job is done, but cost us a few hours... would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same issue recently.

Thanks for your help Angelo!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@BrendanB, so sorry for your frustration. I've had issues where the scan sort of "freezes" in the middle or capture doesn't recognize or other. I usually start with the camera. Power down, then allow it to power up. So far that has done the trick.. I haven't had to restart my iPad. I have closed out of the app and reopened. But, usually powering off the Pro2 does the trick.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?