Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help

Help Needed: Long Description in Mattertag13310

zacharysmiller private msg quote post Address this user
Elegant solution needed for long description and multiple images in a mattertag. When a description in a mattertag gets long, my client does not like the way MP makes the user scroll down. I too find it not very user friendly. Also, what is the best way you've found to show multiple images and try to reduce the 'overlap' of the description window? I've tried a few solutions, turning them into pdfs, using slideshare, but no solution I've found seems to be visually appealing. Any help here? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@zacharysmiller

What about converting the text to a photo and insert the photo via Matterport MatterTags?

(It sounds like you may have tried this and not liked it?)

Is this mashup posted by @Tosolini in the WGAN Forum helpful to solve your challenges?

[R&D] Tugboat Onboarding - An immersive Skill Training 360 prototype

If neither of these works, can you share a screen grab of what's not working for you and your client?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here's a good example. The description is 3 sentences along with 1 photo. Look at the tiny scroll dot. Very hard to find and not user friendly. Yes, the photo can be clicked on and everything enlarges but its a step I'd like to avoid if possible.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@zacharysmiller

That's helpful to see.

What about adding the three lines of text to the photo?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I did try that, hosted the image at thinglink, but text was a bit soft. Not as clean and sharp as the native description text. The client didn't like it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@zacharysmiller

If you add text to a photo, it should be clean and sharp in the original and displayed within a MatterTag. Perhaps you need someone to help create the original text within the photo?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@zacharysmiller

Also, how many MatterTags will you have in this project?

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
I think it has something to do with embedly regarding showing sharp text. I created the document in Photoshop, it looks great as an image. I have 13 or so tags.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharysmiller
I think it has something to do with embedly regarding showing sharp text. I created the document in Photoshop, it looks great as an image. I have 13 or so tags.

You might report that to Matterport Support and see what their product development team says about the embedly integration with Matterport MatterTags.

I can't imagine the text being soft if it is sharpe in the original.

I wonder what would cause that! Perhaps it needs to be saved as a .tiff instead of .pdf or .png or .jpeg ...?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharysmiller
Elegant solution needed for long description and multiple images in a mattertag. When a description in a mattertag gets long, my client does not like the way MP makes the user scroll down. I too find it not very user friendly. Also, what is the best way you've found to show multiple images and try to reduce the 'overlap' of the description window? I've tried a few solutions, turning them into pdfs, using slideshare, but no solution I've found seems to be visually appealing. Any help here? Thanks!

Zacha
If the image does not work (if it is of good quality it should work) Another that occurs to me is to make a slide with genial.ly with the text you want and place the link in the tag and see how it works.

Good Luck
Post 10 IP   flag post
101737 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?