Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
chamberlain private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@chamberlain

Does this help?

How to change WGAN Forum Email Notifications (in Settings)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the continued information and value on this forum.
With regard to @Chamberlain's post, I find myself with a similar feeling - I enjoy receiving the threads as some interest me more than others and provide a ton of insight, but find that information gets lost in the volume of emails getting sent.

The email notification settings that you link to are helpful but unfortunately, not granular enough to solve for this issue. The majority of notifications received fall under the "new discussion topic" category; if users opt out of those notifications, none of the new threads would hit the inbox.

I imagine adjusting the framework of site/recipients list isn't the easiest of endeavors but ideally, recipients could opt in to specific topics within the new discussion topic threads or better yet, choose to receive 1 daily email with all new topics posted that day.

Hope all else is well and thanks again for everything.

Best,
Noah
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Virtour

Thank you for the additional insight (and kind note).

We use to have a button so that you could receive all future posts to a specific discussion (without having to post to the discussion to accomplish this). Should we bring that button back?

I believe we could add a Daily Digest of New Topics. Should I ask our WGAN Forum tech about adding that opt-in feature?

I could imagine that:

✓ Option: New WGAN Forum Alerts: On/Off
✓ Option: Daily WGAN Forum Alert for new Discussion: On/Off

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the quick reply, Dan!
To answer your questions:

1)We use to have a button so that you could receive all future posts to a specific discussion (without having to post to the discussion to accomplish this). Should we bring that button back?

My guess is that this would help somewhat but in a perfect world, users could essentially opt in to receive emails from specific discussion topics posted - not just replies/future posts but the initial post as well. For example, if I selected Matterport and MSP wanted, I would receive any post under the topics Matterport or MSP wanted.

2)A Daily Digest of new topics would be amazing - meaning users could opt out of individual posts and still receive the once a day email with all of the links.

Hopefully this wouldn't be too difficult to roll out!

Thanks and speak soon,
Noah
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Virtour

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Virtour
opt in to receive emails from specific discussion topics posted

Ah! So you could subscribe to any new posts that have one or more of these tags?
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/tags/
Would that be a daily or weekly digest?

Is the above in addition to a daily digest of all new WGAN Forum topics?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
No complaints here. I forward everything to a forums folder and review when time allows. No blow up on my phones or daily email. I can think of worse issues in my life to deal with right now
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

You don't hang on our every word as soon as it arrives in your email?

Perhaps we need to add a text alert service?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I like to leave a couple surprises for bathroom reading later in the day. It's been a great replacement for Uncle John's.

We Get Around - An Abundance of Positive Reading Material During Election Years.

Route Your updates to a folder and study up when time allows instead of wasting time sifting through daily posts on FB that read: "What's the best Blah Blah Blah for 360/photography" question by brand spanking new members who are ready to "Kill It" this year in the 360 business world with no ability to use a search field.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101428 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?