Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingQuestion of the DaySales

Question of the Day: Number 1 objection for MP (and how do you overcome)?13295

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Monday, 12 October 2020:

Number 1 objection that you get for not going forward with a Matterport tours (and how do you overcome the objection)?

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Question of the Day was inspired by this WGAN Forum post in this WGAN discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @cgraft
Learning to market my services & generate/convert leads while minimizing objections.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
As a previous Real Estate agent, I can attest to how the seller was judging you on your performance as the listing agent. And that measurement (99 out of 100 times) was how many people came in to view the home. So, before Matterport, let's say a home was shown 20 times before the 21st person put an offer in on the home (regardless whether or not the offer was countered or accepted). You've got lots of 'showing' activity on the home. This makes the seller assume that he's got the right agent who's marketing is bringing in potential buyers.

Matterport really does give you a feeling of being inside the home and as most peoples search begins with the internet if the potential buyer looks at the Matterport tour and views the home but does not make an appointment to see it, well then thats one less person that may have viewed the home in person but didn't. The perception from the seller is that the agent is not getting many people to look at the home. Bodies through the home in the sellers eyes is what makes them think that they chosen the right agent. Matterport works against this.

Agents have told me many times, "Matterport Tours are great and show the home very well, too well in fact. And because of this it works against me as I get fewer 'in person' showings." It's hard to argue that. Until sellers see this as a benefit as to not having to be disturbed as much 'showing' their home before the buyer that viewed the Matterport Tour and came to view it and bought it, Im afraid that its a hard one to overcome objectively.

If I were selling Real Estate again, I would be pitching to the seller that I will sell their home with fewer showings and less disturbance to them. Explaining to them that I would be taking away the pain of them having to prepare their home for showings 20 times a month to those that didn't have a further interest after seeing it in person BECAUSE I would get a Matterport Tour done.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@hometakes

Thanks for sharing.

Yes. It does seem counter-intuitive that Matterport tours can create fewer in-person viewings, but those that do in-person viewings are more likely very serious buyers.

How does @hometakes deal with the objection: "No thanks! Matterport tours will create fewer in-person visits and my home-sellers will think that I am not doing a good job."

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I gave up trying to educate Real Estate Agents years and years ago. You either have the ones that kinda get it, or the ones that dont (the 80/20 rule). Nailing it down ever further to the 20 that kinda get it, you can nail it down beyond that. The ones that know how to pitch Matterport (the 1 in 20 left) as I said in my last paragraph, they already understand and utilize the pitch that I said that would I say to the seller if I were back in the Biz.

You can tell the other 19% what to pitch until you're blue in the face and while they may 'yes you' and agree with what you are saying, they still won't do it as they don't want to pitch to the seller 'Fewer showings' but better quality showings.

Real Estate agents are very hard to change their ways (in case any newbies photographers are reading this) and I stopped trying to educate them years ago when I first got out of Real Estate and into the Tour business. In case anyone reading this is wondering what qualifies me for saying this (I say this humbly, and without any bragging), $165 Mill in sales in a 3 year period (without a team). Just me myself and I.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Image courtesy of Blue Man Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by @hometakes
You can tell the other 19% what to pitch until you're blue in the face and while they may 'yes you' and agree with what you are saying, they still won't do it as they don't want to pitch to the seller 'Fewer showings' but better quality showings.

@hometakes

Hmmmmmm...... That would be 1 in 100 is a solid prospect?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
I wouldn't consider the 1 in a 100 a prospect. I would call them Users as the 1 in a 100 is already using us. Love the blue faces! LOL.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@hometakes

I highly recommend seeing the Blue Man Group when the world resets to normal again.

I've been multiple times. In my previous life in TV/entertainment marketing/travel experiences, Blue Man Group was one of our clients.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I designed their makeup and helped turn them Blue some 30 years ago...
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

WOW! Thanks crazy! How exciting! Do you have a photo of you blue as you were testing it out?

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, I worked with a new real estate agent the other day. Her first listing. She wanted standard photos and floor plans. I told her that Matterport makes great floor plans and if she would like, I'd throw in the tour for free (frankly makes my life easier--it wasn't a large house). She was excited at the prospect of getting a free tour.

Although I haven't been at this for very long, I have quickly discovered what @hometakes observes about agents. Each has a very distinctive way of working. For some reason, this was a surprise to me. The first agent I worked with handled her clients with kid gloves--making appointments for drone shoots, if the client wasn't home telling them between what hours I would be there. I worked with another agent who gave me a list of 4 homes she wanted drone shots from. I said, should we talk about my availability? She said, no, that the owners knew I would be doing it some time during the week.

So, my original point is, if you can find new agents and help them along, maybe there is a better chance to educate. Because agents all work in a specific way, it is also hard to break into a settled agent's business, UNLESS you offer something the others don't. In another case I won a client's business BECAUSE I do Matterport tours. She was working with a photographer who did standard and floor plans. Period. This agent wanted a photographer who offered an entire package.

I started as a drone photographer which was pretty limited. Still thinking of how to expand. I realize I'm not exactly answering your question, Dan. But I think it's buried in my journal entry here. haha.

Point is, find those people who are thinking expansively, they're more of a pleasure to work with and will be a good match if you feel the same.

Todd
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@toddwaddington

I believe your answer is:

Objection: I do not want to book two or three photographers to do photos, Matterport, floor plans and drone.
Over-came Objection: One order/One photographer: all services with bundle pricing

That works!

My impression is that many get started with Matterport for real estate agents thinking that they just need to offer Matterport. They then learn that real estate agents want photos first; then video; and then maybe drone (photo/video) and/or Matterport and/or floor plans.

For those that can offer all services (even if sub-contracting drone, for example), you will have a leg up on those that only offer one of the media services.

(This will be a topic we will cover here: WGAN-TV Live at 5: Which Real Estate Media Services & How to Pricing Them?)

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@DanSmigrod, thanks for the edit! Or maybe, thanks for cleaning up my mess?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
We owned/managed brokerages for about 15 years. We recruited/hired/trained approximately 150 agents in that time. Well, to be honest... we TRIED to train them.

Not to be overly critical of Realtors as a group... but people who become Realtors are OFTEN personality types that are impervious to logic or training. Most aren't going to listen to you, or anyone else.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@Expertise, oh, snap! lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping COVID-19 is changing some thinking out there: potential buyers and sellers want to limit direct exposure and are open to virtual methods that can limit that. I've heard some agents voice some displeasure at this but are nevertheless trying to accomodate.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?