Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business ExpenseQuestion of the DayTax

Question of the Day: How do you keep track of your mileage for tax expense?13288

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Saturday, 10 October 2020:

How do you keep track of your mileage for tax expense?

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I use the app Everlance and I have used Quickbooks in the past. I think it’s free for the first 20-30 trips per month and $9.99 for unlimited.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MSgtMike private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using TaxBot for the last 5 years. Automatic tracking, great reports and they've been very responsive when help is needed. It's something like $99 per year.

Give it a look here

Contact me if you have questions.

Mike
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Excel spread sheet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
MileIaQ here
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I use Stride from the Play Store on my Android phone. It pops up a window when my car starts to move, asking if I am driving for business and keeps a reminder notification open for ending the trip . There is a field to enter the trip purpose. Automatically calcs the deduction. Free. It's quick and easy. I don't have it tied into an accounting program.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I use TripLog. MileIQ is a little nicer, but it's alot more expensive.

It generates a weekly summary email. It also has detailed monthly or annual reports which support tax compliance in the US. It's roughly $39.99/yr and I've had it for a few years and been pleased.

The key to success with these is to setup "rules" around when business travel occurs. This takes a efew minutes but is easy to do. From there it's mostly on autopilot.

Triplog has a feature called MagicTrip where it can detect the presence of your vehicle bluetooth connection and will start a trip when the vehicle is present and you are moving.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Late breaking news for all MileIQ users!

Be sure to check your app immediately to make sure that it's logging your drives. Apparently the latest iOS update has caused it to not detect drives, and it doesn't send out notifications telling you this. If this is happening to you, delete the app, turn your phone off, then re-install the app.

Sheesh.....

Keith
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?