Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrokenFixProblemsQuestion of the DayRicoh Theta Z1

My theta z1 fell in a slight breeze now it needs a new alignment13287

roballoba private msg quote post Address this user
It landed on it's side and now the image alignment is off. Is there a way to re-calibrate it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
I feel for you. I cried when mine blew over. I heard the crack!!! It shattered my lens.

There's one certified repair place in America. I apologize. I can't remember the name.
Post 2 IP   flag post
precision camera flat rate $420. link found on ricoh site. this has not been a good day in the scheme of things. my first time shooting outdoors with my neewer carbon t222c monopod with tiny legs. Now I think it needs a weight or something. hard lessons.
Post 3 IP   flag post
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/repairs/
Post 4 IP   flag post
OneFineDay private msg quote post Address this user
I feel for you too. The other day my theta Z1 showed an error message and turned off after the last shot needed for a Zillow 3D Home shoot. It did not reset at first and i was horrified that precision has no priority service like canon cps or nikon nps. They said it could take up to a month to have it repaired/replaced.
I was relieved to know that rather than using precision which does not have the greatest reputation that i purchased an accidental extended warranty throug B and H.
I would suggest to all here if they need to buy this model for the first time or as a second back up that they consider getting this just for the peace of mind.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought directly from ricoh. no extended warranty, no accident coverage.
Post 6 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@roballoba Sorry it fell. They feel so sturdy.

Might try ankle weights. Or a battery for weight.

I have been using a microphone stand and mounted a good size USB battery on the base as the Z1’s run out of battery pretty quick.

So far so good.

Chuck
Post 7 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Ideas for weighting a monopod for a 360 camera (I've evaluated or tried them all):
- Manfrotto monopod weight - out of stock - not available
- barbell weight (check that diameter of center hole will fit over monopod) - out of stock - not available
- canvas weight bags for canopy/tent legs - these can be bought on Amazon and are cheap; fill one with gravel (not sand as it leaks all over your car) to the weight desired and use the velcro straps to fasten to the monopod.
- 2" rectangular steel carrier for a tow hitch - my current solution: This is a hollow, 12" long rectangular bar that slips over the monopod and weights a couple of pounds - not perfect, but a convenient solution that will absolutely not allow the monopod to tip over once you put it on. It gets kind of heavy, though, if you have to do many scans outdoors.

NOTE: I lost my first 360 camera the same way: an InstaOne 360 X (it's been in the InstaOne 360 repair in California for lens replacements for nearly two months after a 3-month wait for authorization).
Post 8 IP   flag post
With nothing to lose, I decided to open it up. What did I find? Well, a lens replacement on the back side is quite simple. A battery replacement is as well. I stopped there, but I imagine removing the front case half is only a couple screws more. I feel my problem is beyond the obvious for my curiosity and I will need to send it in for repair.
Post 9 IP   flag post
.....and I just ordered a new one. amazon has it in stock, and there is an accident plan available for 57 bucks. I will get this one repaired as backup plan or sell it. ugh.

Amazon link for Theta Z1 camera if you need it.

ASURION 3 Year Camera Accident Protection Plan with Tech Support $900-999.99

looks like the accident plan will be a great idea with these cameras, they seem sooooo accident prone!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I got my new one! I also have a weight on my stand now too. ;-)
Post 11 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
@roballoba I want to thank you for mentioning the warranty. I did actually get the warranty when I purchased through Amazon and had forgotten I did.

I now have saved the order number and screen shot of it if I ever need it.

I’m a related side note Adoroma is pushing their warranties at a discount. I used to not buy them but with two lens repairs this year I just got one on the new Fuji 10-24mm.

Cheers,
Chuck
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@roballoba

I feel your pain.

Is this helpful for your new Ricoh Theta Z1?

9 Tripods/Monopods to Consider for Your 360º 1-Click Camera

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101629 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?