Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AgentRelayBusiness DevelopmentGiraffe360Hard SellMarketing

Matterport proving to be a hard sell13272

sandhun private msg quote post Address this user
I'm based in the UK and recently bought a pro 2 camera with a view to offering it to real estate agents.

However, it is proving to be a harder sell than I anticipated. Giraffe 360 already have a huge share of the market. I'm coming up against a brick wall. Rejection after rejection.

Can anyone suggest viable alternatives to real estate? Otherwise this purchase is looking like a hugely expensive mistake.

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
First I've heard of Giraffe 360 so I'm not sure what that platform offers, but I have to believe the Matterport Pro2 system is, at the least, able to compete with it and most likely have more features to offer. Especially if you utilize the creative tools MPEmbed has to offer.

My advice would be to create a better product with better service at a price they can't refuse. Also I would package the matterport tour with drone photos and other perks that the Giraffe 360 doesn't. Research the competition and you can grab a share of the market.

I just signed up for a Giraffe 360 demo, so I will update when I understand their platform better.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman Giraffe have a ruthless business model - they're targeting real estate agents nationwide. They're offering the camera equipment to the agents so they can produce the tour themselves (thus cutting out the middleman, i.e. the freelance photographer). They charge agents £375 per month for up to 16 spaces. I cannot compete against that kind of pricing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sandhun

Are you a full-time real estate photographer offering Matterport as an Add On?

Or, are you new to real estate - coming from a different field - and trying to make Matterport a full-time business?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Hi Dan, I'm a full-time real estate photographer offering Matterport as an add-on.

I haven't been making enough money from stills alone so recently bought a Pro2 camera with the intention of pushing this service alongside the stills.

Some agents have expressed a brief interest but the majority have already signed up to contracts with companies like Giraffe.

Some agents are using Matterport but it's typically via London based firm who have a bunch of photographers working for them.

The scope for freelancers is minimal.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I do a lot of work for design firms that want as-built drawings. Talk to your local construction, architect and design firms. Try to get large commercial space. I tend to stay away from realtors and my business is very busy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Also talk to restoration companies that come in after fires, flood, and other disasters. They will pay top dollar because insurance company is flipping the bill. Another option is insurance companies to document inventory of houses. This may be a hard but to crack but with huge rewards.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sandhun

Is there an opportunity for you reach-out to Giraffe360 - not presently available in USA - to see if they have agents that want tours, BUT want a real estate photographer to shoot the tour? Your competitor might be a great referring agent to you! In the United States, I estimate that half of all real estate agents that want a 244/7 Open House Virtual Tour want a real estate photographer to shoot the tour.

Would offering video chat on Steroids within the Matterport tour help differentiate your offering?

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How MSPs Can Make Money with AgentRelay as an Add On
Got clients that would like Video Chat on Steroids within Matterport Tours?
How to seamlessly integrate live video chat within a Matterport Tour

Do you want a solution that enables you to compete on pricing?

Free WGAN Cheat Sheet: Which Virtual Tour Platform is Best (for Me)?

To follow-up on the suggestion by @Ghagendorf ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Ghagendorf
I do a lot of work for design firms that want as-built drawings. Talk to your local construction, architect and design firms. Try to get large commercial space. I tend to stay away from realtors and my business is very busy.

Webinar: "As-Builts" - Where 3D Tech Provides Extreme ROI | 8 Oct 2020
Transcript: WGAN-TV How Matterport Pros can $$$$$ Scanning for "As-Builts"
Transcript: WGAN-TV-How to Make Money with Weekly Construction Documentation
Transcript: WGAN-TV Matterport Digital Twins for Facilities Management
✓ WGAN Forum Discussions Tagged: AEC

To follow-up on the suggestion by @htimsabbub23 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @htimsabbub23
Also talk to restoration companies that come in after fires, flood, and other disasters. They will pay top dollar because insurance company is flipping the bill. Another option is insurance companies to document inventory of houses. This may be a hard but to crack but with huge rewards.

Transcript: Matterport Insurance Claims: Flood/Fire Remediation/Restoration

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Best,

Dan

P.S. You might find helpful: WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?