Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real Estate Photographer ProScaling

Photography Business Growing - Need to Hire Photographers13259

simbany1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, so for those that have started a photography business and had to scale and hire photographers to keep up with the shoots, how was the process and what did you look for?

I don't think I'll have a problem finding photographers for contract work but obviously want reliable and GOOD photographers. That I'll have to figure out through looking at sample shots and talking with them.

Main questions are:

1. How did you calculate their compensation
2. What type of contract did you have with them, if any?
3. Any other things to look out for?

Thanks in advance!!
Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We look for possible photographers with great communication and people skills, and who clients fill comfortable having in their homes or business. People we feel we can trust when left alone in someone elses property.

We then train them the way we want them to work, photograph, scan, etc. Everyone does not have the same ideas, or shoot the same way. We have a standard and work to that standard.

The person would set up their own media business, and then we add them on as a contractor.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@rko1 thanks for the info. I agree with all of the above. How do you determine compensation for those photographers so that it makes sense and is a win-win for both. I have a ballpark idea but want to make sure that it's not too much or too little and in-line with the industry average I guess...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: Real Estate Photographer Pro Course by Eli Jones | Save 70 Percent with this We Get Around Network Affiliate Link. | Exclusive: get 12 months FREE of WGAN-TV Training Academy with purchase of Real Estate Photographer Pro Course[

@simbany1

The course - Real Estate Photographer Pro - was created by Texas-based [url=https://www.normanandyoung.com/]Norman & Young LLC Founder Eli Jones whom scaled his real estate photography business to 15+ from just himself.

His course includes how to scale your real estate photography business with multiple photographers.

You can get a sense of the course by watching this video or buying the course with this WGAN Affiliate Link for Real Estate Photographer Pro which will save you 70 percent off the course.

I hope this is helpful to you scaling faster.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab from Real Estate Photographer Pro course by Eli Jones (a portion of the course about scaling the business)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan! Course looks very interesting! Time to start investing into the business and learn/grow the right way and not try to "wing it"...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
First, you have to understand you will have an investment in the potential contractor, we furnish whatever tools of trade needed. Second, we have them go with us to shoots as we see how they work and how we do things, and our expectations. At that point we contract them at a much lower price, usually 2 to 3 months.

After they go through the training and working with us and others change their rate. They will go out on their own plus continue to go out with others has we hone skills and knowledge.

We look at compensation differently than others. We look at it as a team. Daily income for the business. When you add all of the income for a day, do you make a profit. Everyone does not produce the same income for the company everyday, but it averages out. So you judge by paying what you can afford, with room to increase it when needed, we feel 15 to 16 percent total payout per month (for all contractors). Example, if your business does $50,000 business per month then payout 15 to 16% of that.

A good person gets you compliments from clients, and follow up business.

The other thing is fair pricing and fast turnaround. Hope this helps
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
And listen to Dan, great source of information, knowledge and contacts.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rko1
And listen to Dan, great source of information, knowledge and contacts.

The check is in the mail.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
BIG ONE I HOPE
Post 9 IP   flag post
Really great stuff. Def will be looking into the course as well!

Thanks guys! Super helpful!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?